Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 England V Russia on and off the pitch ITV/TV3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,055 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Just warming up for their WC in a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Superhorse wrote: »
    Lol. Sky now saying Russian fans dressed up in England shirts to make it seem like it was England fans causing the trouble. That's nonsense and propaganda RT or Kim Yun Fat would be proud of.
    You hate England or something?

see what the fact are first.

You can see some of teh videos yourself. One shows how english fans where running away from russian fans going into there section of the stadium.

Englands fault for that? lol

NIMAN wrote: »
    Just warming up for their WC in a couple of years.
    Na.

Russia are innocent. They will be fine hosting the WC in there country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Who would have thought a team full of Spurs players would choke?

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Jaysus if England fans keep this up Europe will be celebrating a successful Brexit vote!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

You can see some of teh videos yourself. One shows how english fans where running away from russian fans going into there section of the stadium.

Apparently England fans started chucking objects towards the Russian fans at the end of the game. No one really knows how it started yet.

Still shocking to see either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Lol. Sky now saying Russian fans dressed up in England shirts to make it seem like it was England fans causing the trouble. That's nonsense and propaganda RT or Kim Yun Fat would be proud of.

Bast*rds! The ultimate false flag event, where you actually get the opponents flag and use it falsely. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

NIMAN wrote: »
    Surely any right thinking fan who has no interest in fighting will head straight to their hotel rooms immediately.

You'd be mad to stay out drinking tonight from the sound of things.

I'd be getting the **** out of there at the first opportunity to be honest. You couldn't enjoy any of that wondering when out of nowhere some c*nt is gonna throw a fire extinguisher at your head from behind you for the craic......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Looks like Northern Ireland fans are now starting **** in NICE a few vids on Twitter:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

I've seen all the videos I need to see. England thugs have caused havoc for the last three days. Are you denying this?

• Advertisement

DominoDub wrote: »
    Looks like Northern Ireland fans are now starting **** in NICE a few vids on Twitter:mad:
    LINK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,055 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Any links?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

They deserve all the beatings they'll get anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Thats all the Polish fans fault.

The North's fans wouldn't be like that at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Set place on fire...
    ....Bar employees terrified

Etc

I've seen all the videos I need to see. England thugs have caused havoc for the last three days. Are you denying this?
    Russian fans have as well.

Its also know that in 2012 Russia caused issues with there fans as well.

If another country causes havoc its fine they get a slap on the wrist but if its enghlish fans, we get banned for life etc.

Remember when Napoli played arsenal a while ago? There fans smashed a few restaurants during the day and got away with it.

Or when Spurs played Napoli too and there fans got beaten up yet Uefa did **** all.

20-30 years ago or so wasnt it liverpool fans that caused havoc and we got booted out of europe for a while?

Come on man. im all for punishments but they have to be done equally.

One rule for england and another set of rules for everyone else

If you think all russian fans are angels, you have no idea.

Would you rather host the WC in russia or england? which one is safer? which one will have less issues etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Cks7KHMWYAEZos4.jpg

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting!

OK talk is now that the local nice ultras have attacked both Polish and the northern Ireland fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Sad to hear that. Never a moments bother when they were away in the 80s.

Edit : Just spoke to someone over there. Both Polish and NI fans were drinking together and they were attacked by Nice hooligans.

• Advertisement

I was worried about this.. I know the lads who manage Ma Nolan's, two lovely pubs in Nice and they were not enthusiastic about that draw, Poland and NI.. the only worse one would have been England and Russia really...

Thats all the Polish fans fault.

The North's fans wouldn't be like that at all.

It's neither...

It's only England fans who do this.
    No other nations do....never ever ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Women and children have been hurt, according to reports :(

Shame I like NICE, have been a few times was about to book an Apartment for a few weeks in September ,,,hope our Neighbours don't spoil the IRISH name.

It's neither...

It's only England fans who do this.
    No other nations do....never ever ever!

I don't think so, people have been criticizing Russian fans here as well you know.

If another country causes havoc its fine they get a slap on the wrist but if its enghlish fans, we get banned for life etc.

Remember when Napoli played arsenal a while ago? There fans smashed a few restaurants during the day and got away with it.

Or when Spurs played Napoli too and there fans got beaten up yet Uefa did **** all.

20-30 years ago or so wasnt it liverpool fans that caused havoc and we got booted out of europe for a while?

Would you rather host the WC in russia or england? which one is safer? which one will have less issues etc?

Deflect all you want. England have the track record and should be chucked out of the tournament.

Clearly innocent men being hurt is no big deal.

England have the track record and should be chucked out of the tournament.

Would you agree that ditto should be the case for Russia?

Crackle wrote: »

The pub you see opposite with the red canopy is Ma Nolan's :( a favorite spot of mine with lovely Irish staff and Irish owned... hope they don't trash the place.... that is being filmed from the roof of a very posh restaurant opposite with a lovely roof terrace... ****... there seem to be feck all police... there has to be an inquiry here also.. as I said in another thread.. maybe too many resources dedicated to anti terror ops and not public order... at this rate ISIS will be sitting abck thinking they might as well let these mad ****ers destroy the place on their own...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Sky News sitting squarely on the fence.
    A gang of well-organised Russian fans is suspected to have clashed with England supporters - possibly in co-ordination with French ultras - ahead of the home side's first match of Euro 2016 against Russia, which ended 1-1.

Violence has broken out at the end of the match with images showing what appeared to Russian fans attacking England supporters inside the Stade Velodrome.

Pictures showed England fans having to jump over barriers as they left the ground in a hurry.

Would you agree that ditto should be the case for Russia?
    100%. If the evidence is as strong as the evidence against English thugs they should be out also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

This is a disaster on so many levels

Craic level zero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

This is it , family's have gone to these games and get caught up in a nightmare,watching the game with my 2 young sons, both said" wouldn't it be great to be there", i said yeah it would, and then at the end of the game trying to protect my sons from these thugs, shame a few have to ruin it for the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Qiaonasen

Clearly innocent men being hurt is no big deal.

In the current world reporting men as casualties goes against the whole narrative of the evil patriarchy. True equality means women are more equal than men. :)

Seriously though. An absolute disgrace that people have to fear violence at a football match. Should be a great fun occasion. Sadly a certain niche group of supporters lower the tone of the game.

I would seriously punish England and Russia if I was UEFA. Although I cannot imagine the Russian thugs would care. Lots of them are not there for football at all but simply to cause trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

• Advertisement

Deflect all you want. England have the track record and should be chucked out of the tournament.
    And russia, Italy etc etc dont?

Na its cool. England are the only country in the world with thugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I saw reports earlier of Polish and N.I fans having great craic together. Drinking alongside each other and taking pictures together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Sky News sitting squarely on the fence.

I dont mind that report, its factual.

And i thought terrorism would be the more concerning thing over the euro,s but instead its the fans. shambolic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I saw reports earlier of Polish and N.I fans having great craic together. Drinking alongside each other and taking pictures together.

Refresh your Twitter feed

• Advertisement

Tweets form people onsite in NICE confirm it was Nice Ultras attacking both Northern Ireland and Polish fans drinking and singing songs together!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The biggest security operation in the history of any major sporting tournament and it's fcuking hooligans who kick off the fighting not ISIS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Jesus wept, it's like an After Hours thread in here. Let's wait and see who is actually to blame before we go all Judge Roy Bean.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

Crackle wrote: »

THIS WAS TO BE EXPECTED!!!

There was awful trouble when Poland playedin NI a few years back, the polish ultras are Catholic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    This is it , family's have gone to these games and get caught up in a nightmare,watching the game with my 2 young sons, both said" wouldn't it be great to be there", i said yeah it would, and then at the end of the game trying to protect my sons from these thugs, shame a few have to ruin it for the rest.

There's a pretty sad photo from within the stadium of a dad holding his son gesturing to stop so he can get out of there.

Edit, this is it

Jesus wept, it's like an After Hours thread in here. Let's wait and see who is actually to blame before we go all Judge Roy Bean.

What are you on about. Have you not seen the footage online from the last few days?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 The Force Within

Lets be fair was always going to happen, both teams have the same small minority of idiots who go out of there way and ruin it for everyone

Some English fans always bring trouble to these tournaments.

They can blame who they want, but it doesn't wash.

You gotta feel sorry for the normal England fan over there.

UEFA won't come down hard on this sort of stuff so it'll continue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

THIS WAS TO BE EXPECTED!!!

There was awful trouble when Poland playedin NI a few years back, the polish ultras are Catholic

Nice narrative but they were attacked by local Nice mecs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

ardinn wrote: »
    Marsaille seems like a lovely city, but im watching it being torn apart by fúcking morons

Marseille is regarded as one of the most dangerous cities in Europe. Immigration from North Africa turned the place into a right kip.

• Advertisement
Advertisement