Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 England V Russia on and off the pitch ITV/TV3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

#Pray4Dier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

niallo27 wrote: »
    He doesnt fit in the side though, sterling you can make a case for. Rooney is a joke decision.

He's been playing in that position for a bit now so he kinda does. Think we may see him play as second striker at some stage too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Angron wrote: »
    It's not really a tournament with England if the management isn't confusing the heck out of the fans :pac:
    We've sort of gotten used to it down the years. Find a place for the "star man", no matter the fact that he doesn't even warrant a place in the squad.

• I can't understand how sterling starts
    His form has been piss poor all season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Not a lot of segregation in the stadium, hopefully those inside are the genuine fans there for the football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

"He's playing Russian Roulette". Given that they are actually playing Russia, shouldnt that be just "Roulette". :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'd imagine he's up front with Alli in midfield. A waste of Alli's best attributes.

If he does it's even crazier to me, if you're playing Alli and Kane, don't break up their club partnership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

He's been playing in that position for a bit now so he kinda does. Think we may see him play as second striker at some stage too.

Why leave a man who just won a league and bursting with confidence on the bench. Has he played there for england much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He doesnt fit in the side though, sterling you can make a case for. Rooney is a joke decision.
    So Rooney scores in all but one of the qualifiers he played in and it's a joke that he is starting?

I've heard a lot of people saying the same thing but if you were manager of a team and a guy scored 24 goals in 39 games that you managed, and has scored in all but one of the qualifiers he played in would you drop him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'd want England to lose and go out early to bring their pathetic fans home with them but I have 3 of their players in my fantasy team.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I can't understand how sterling starts

He has been brutal, it makes no sense. He costs 50 million though so has to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Really wonder how this England midfield is gonna work...

In hope rather than expectation........

Come on England!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Why leave a man who just won a league and bursting with confidence on the bench. Has he played there for england much.

Why are you asking me?? I already questioned that myself.

Don't know haven't watched them much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Hodgson has overcomplicated this starting lineup to such an absurd degree.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    So Rooney scores in all but one of the qualifiers he played in and it's a joke that he is starting?

I've heard a lot of people saying the same thing but if you were manager of a team and a guy scored 24 goals in 39 games that you managed, and has scored in all but one of the qualifiers he played in would you drop him?

Most of them goals were pens, stick him upfront so.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I can't understand how sterling starts

It's certainly a strange message to send to your team. You leave out the player of the year to put in a player that you used to manage at club level. England have a lot of really good young players, they should drop some of the "regulars" and give the new lads a chance.

Rooney always looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders at these tournaments.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'd want England to lose and go out early to bring their pathetic fans home with them but I have 3 of their players in my fantasy team.
    They have some pathetic fans but most of them are nice people. I'm shouting for them to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Keith Andrews co-commentator is nice

Can't see England winning this, very poor midfield, blunt enough in attack too except for Kane, who mght well get stage fright.

Russia to win me thinks.

• Advertisement

Most of them goals were pens, stick him upfront so.
    How many of the 24 were penalties?

He has more from play than anybody else that has played under Roy Hodgson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Too dull anthems now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

England fans booing the Russian anthem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Nasty atmosphere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Awesome anthem.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Russian anthem is one of my favourites..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Poor form by english fans, expected no less of them

Why are you asking me?? I already questioned that myself.

Don't know haven't watched them much.

You said he has been playing in that position before and now you are saying you don't know you haven't watched them much.

Love the Russian anthem.. All that's missing is some black and white footage of the Russian Navy saluting their captain against the backdrop of a nuclear submarine that hasnt had an oil change in fifty years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

He should be played up front or not at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Love the Russian jersey.

Love the Russian anthem.. All that's missing is some black and white footage of the Russian Navy saluting their captain against the backdrop of a nuclear submarine that hasnt had an oil change in fifty years.

Right up there with the Italian anthem as my favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I always feel very sad hearing any national anthem being booed.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭whatever_

blueser wrote: »
    Marseiile has a pretty grim reputation as a city. Allocating England and Russia to that city was naive in the extreme. The England fans seem to be getting targetted by heavily armed Russian gangs as well as local French mobs. Now don't get me wrong; some of the England yobs are no shrinking violets, and won't run away from a fight. But it seems a lot of innocent English fans are getting picked off over there.

I agree and I think even Ireland fans would be having difficulties there. In '98 it was tricky. The Arabs on mopeds would look for isolated fans or small groups. After a few had been separated from their bikes, they started riding round with a passenger who was normally visibly carrying a knife. I imagine they are using mobiles as well now. My strategy would be to leave Marseille as soon as the match has ended.

Classy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Really is time England adopted "Jeruhuselam" as the anthem

My god but Rooney looks hideous in HD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Well done, take a bow English fans, showed their lack of class, booed the whole way through the Russian national anthem. So disrespectful.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ODubhain82

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Poor form by english fans, expected no less of them

Should be shocking but actually not that surprising.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That England kit looks like one of those optical illusion things, where if you stare at it long enough you see shapes or something.

Edit: Oh, it seems that was just the kit for the warm up.

How many of the 24 were penalties?

He has more from play than anybody else that has played under Roy Hodgson.

4 out of the 8 matches he scored in were from pens. Great goal scoring record alright, i just think they have better options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

C'mon Russia!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Come on England.

Yeah, I said it.

1 French Anthem
    2 Italian Anthem
    3 Scottish Anthem

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

This will just escalate things further later tonight.

Unless we get a Rocky IV style turnaround.

• Advertisement

Had to get England in a buster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Take a drink everytime this annoying cnut mentions right here on TV3 or exclusive coverage of 22 games in his commentary,

And no, I dont have access to another station at the mo!

Uwr0yCSb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

sligeach wrote: »
    Well done, take a bow, morons, booed the whole way through the Russian national anthem. So disrespectful.

After the carry on today do you blame them

As I am no fan of Russia- come on England!
    But rather Wales

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Come on England.

Yeah, I said it.

I'm the same.

About time the Home Nations showed Europe who's boss.

• Advertisement
Advertisement