Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 England V Russia on and off the pitch ITV/TV3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

Lets be fair was always going to happen, both teams have the same small minority of idiots who go out of there way and ruin it for everyone

Lets be honest ......it was a storm in a teacup, the video has been posted and according to people there it was locals who started on the poles and ni fans! according to twitter

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

This is why England continue to fail in their bid to host another World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Superhorse wrote: »
    What are you on about. Have you not seen the footage online from the last few days?

I have, and it seems to be a mixed bag of Russians, English, French and what now appears to be NI and Polish. None of these clips are conclusive and as always, they are without context. You never see what starts the flare up.

But sure kick the Brits out! Ban them for life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,055 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Some English fans always bring trouble to these tournaments.

They can blame who they want, but it doesn't wash.

You gotta feel sorry for the normal England fan over there.

UEFA won't come down hard on this sort of stuff so it'll continue
    Even Gary Lineker is saying the same thing on MOTD, that it can't be a coincidence that there is always trouble where England play.

To try to see them as innocent in all this is nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Crackle wrote: »

Wonder if that is carrying on from this a few year ago in Belfast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Kenny ehhhhhhhhhhh Cunningham eeehhhhhhhhhhhh is ehhhhh on ehhhhhh at the moment ehhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Setting aside the which fans are the biggest thugs discussion it is the French Police and authorities who have the most serious questions to answer. I would have expected proper segregation of fans which a proper police presence with two sets of fans notorious for football violence. I would also question the fact that some were able to bring in fireworks to the stadium and it doesn't bode well for the tight security promises for this championship.

I have, and it seems to be a mixed bag of Russians, English, French and what now appears to be NI and Polish. None of these clips are conclusive and as always, they are without context. You never see what starts the flare up.

It's always somebody else's fault.

The common theme is always England fans though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Wilberto wrote: »
    This is why England continue to fail in their bid to host another World Cup.

and Russia are the next host?

is it not all about brown envelopes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

gandalf wrote: »
    Setting aside the which fans are the biggest thugs discussion it is the French Police and authorities who have the most serious questions to answer. I would have expected proper segregation of fans which a proper police presence with two sets of fans notorious for football violence. I would also question the fact that some were able to bring in fireworks to the stadium and it doesn't bode well for the tight security promises for this championship.

It is one massive joke. But one should not be surprised given it is the French security forces.

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    and Russia are the next host?

is it not all about brown envelopes?

Russian police will take no ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

The French surrendered early on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Also you would have expected a big police prescence on the streets regional and possibly extra due to the terrorist threat.

If a terrorist attack does happen the police will be distracted due to these total d1ckheads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I know who I'd back in a fight between England and Russia
    and N. Ireland and Poland - the Poles and Russian are heavyweight , 20 years ago England could do what they want , not any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

thebaz wrote: »
    and N. Ireland and Poland - the Poles and Russian are heavyweight , 20 years ago England could do what they want , not any more.

Christ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 The Force Within

thebaz wrote: »

My thoughts exactly, and would be nothing more than they deserve going out getting a beating when they thought theyd bully others

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

nope. the common theme is italians, russians, french, irish, etc etc.

Point being is most countries in europe have hooligans. Just because you ONLY hear about english fans doesnt mean its just english fans.

Open your eyes...

For instance, are u goning to blame england for the fights that occured in NICE lol??

Point being is most countries in europe have hooligans. Just because you ONLY hear about english fans doesnt mean its just english fans.

Open your eyes...

For instance, are u goning to blame england for the fights that occured in NICE lol??

?

England aren't playing in Nice.

Northern Ireland and Polish fans are fighting there Johnny

Each situation on its own merits. Journalists on the ground there are pretty much universally saying that the English fans weren't the instigators tonight. Same as for many of the other incidents. But sure let's paint them all like scum and ban them from competing, just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 The Force Within

Open your eyes...

The Nice people fighting are the same Royal Britainnia folks, I dont blame English people I blame a sub species that exist in England and N.I. Disgusting people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

There was actually a Northern Irish police service officer accompanying the NI fans that were attacked by local scumbags, http://the42.ie/2818731

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

My thoughts exactly, and would be nothing more than they deserve going out getting a beating when they thought theyd bully others

All a bunch of tossers (those that go out for fighting)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

How do you know by the pictures that it isn't innocent people just trying to get away receiving the beatings, not every England fan is looking for trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Open your eyes...

Actually that's not it. English fans seem to have mostly learned their lessons from the 80's. The problem has been dealt with. Do you have wide-scale racist chanting at English matches? Are there epedemics of Ultras going around stabbing visiting European teams?
    No.

It's the Italians, the Spanish, the French and the Eastern Europeans who still do the overwhelming majority of this ****.

You get isolated incidents from the English but acting like scumbags is still pretty much given the green light by UEFA for everyone else.

Open your eyes...

?

England aren't playing in Nice.

Northern Ireland and Polish fans are fighting there Johnny
    of course but the common theme is england so lets blame england for it.

Thats my point!

There are 100s of incidents all over europe like this that dont involve england yet its england who get the limelight so to speak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

The English unfortunately for them have made a rod for their own backs through their appalling record of hooliganism going back decades, another thing that doesn't help them is that lairy 'look at us, we're here' vibe they give off with all the attendant macho posturing and chanting that goes with it. If the Tartan Army were in Marseille it'd been a party not a punch up.

Each situation on its own merits. Journalists on the ground there are pretty much universally saying that the English fans weren't the instigators tonight. Same as for many of the other incidents. But sure let's paint them all like scum and ban them from competing, just in case.

Excuses.

What about earlier today or last night?

Of course England didn't instigate every incident but you be certain they definitely started some of them.

I would've expected it in Marseille but I'm pretty disappointed to see the same kinds of attacks in Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

CktF1NCWEAEel67.jpg

Reports coming in now that a English fan has been killed after being pushed infront of a metro train :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Saw this on another forum.... where the f* are the police?
    Northern Irish fan speaking on 5live, reported about 50 men dressed in black went onto attack N.Irish, English and Polish fans.

Worth noting that he tried to explain without sounding racist, that these men were singing Anti white/European songs along with chants for ISIS.

He also mentioned that the N.Irish and Polish were able to get along in good spirits, joining in singing with each other etc.

French Police pretty ineffective in protecting the fans.

Nate

Gbear wrote: »

Open your eyes...

Actually that's not it. English fans seem to have mostly learned their lessons from the 80's. The problem has been dealt with. Do you have wide-scale racist chanting at English matches? Are there epedemics of Ultras going around stabbing visiting European teams?
    No.

It's the Italians, the Spanish, the French and the Eastern Europeans who still do the overwhelming majority of this ****.

You get isolated incidents from the English but acting like scumbags is still pretty much given the green light by UEFA for everyone else.
    Thats my point. Some are failing to see that england is not the bad guy all the time but there are some here who think we are and that places like russia are angels.

Places like russia have demonstrated not only hooligans but racial incidents and it gets unoticed but as soon as one english fan is drunk and sings and shouts in the street his arrested and classed as a hooligan.

Its shocking how some here are labeling the english as the most violent bunch of fans in the whole of europe.

Thats my point!

There are 100s of incidents all over europe like this that dont involve england yet its england who get the limelight so to speak

You are missing the point.

When there's trouble at major football events England fans are usually in the thick of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

adox wrote: »
    Christ.

what ??

DominoDub wrote: »
    Reports coming in now that a English fan has been killed after being pushed infront of train :eek:
    Blame the english. Its there fault according to some people here!

Thats my point!

When there's trouble at major football events England fans are usually in the thick of it.
    No that is incorrect.

The NI vs Poland is a perfect example of it.

Nothing to do with england!

Excuses.

Of course England didn't instigate every incident but you be certain they definitely started some of them.
    Earlier today many russian fans where randomly attacking anyone who was english.

What are you on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

No.

Isolated incidents lol. They've been at it constantly for the last three days. Thousands of them. Remind me again of the running riots the French, Italians and Spanish have been involved in the last few days?

Because they're always targeted.

No doubt there's elements of years old grudges about English hooligans and the brits aren't the most popular bunch to begin with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Reports coming in now that a English fan has been killed after being pushed infront of a metro train :eek:

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Only "report" I can see is from someone on Twitter pretending to be a journalist.

No that is incorrect.

Ok, let's break it down to make it simpler.

Why is there trouble in and around England games with English fans at major tournaments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

No that is incorrect.

No its not, the N Irish and Poles together were attacked by locals.

Nate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Thats my point. Some are failing to see that england is not the bad guy all the time but there are some here who think we are and that places like russia are angels.

Places like russia have demonstrated not only hooligans but racial incidents and it gets unoticed but as soon as one english fan is drunk and sings and shouts in the street his arrested and classed as a hooligan.

Its shocking how some here are labeling the english as the most violent bunch of fans in the whole of europe.

Ah here. You're just reaching now. I'd love for you to show some of these quotes saying the Russians are angels. Even one?

Excuses.

I'm not excusing anything. Literally no excuses in any of my posts about this, you can have a read back amd check. I'm arguing with the idea that England should be thrown out when it's pretty clear that many of these incidents have not been started by English fans. If anything, it looks like some Russians in the last couple of days had a pretty clear agenda of violence.

• Advertisement

No that is incorrect.

Ok, let's break it down to make it simpler.

Why is there trouble in and around England games with English fans at major tournaments?
    They wasnt in the last Euros or even in the WC. what are you on about?

Because they're always targeted.

No doubt there's elements of years old grudges about English hooligans and the brits aren't the most popular bunch to begin with.

Always targeted? And never do the targeting themselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Judging from what happened in the stadium after the England Russia match and the reports coming from Nice the French authorities are not prepared at all to protect the fans. They had all the high profile anti-terrorism exercises in the weeks before the championship but it appears they forgot to do anything about the traditional flashpoints in a tournament like this. With regards to the Nice incidents it also demonstrates a major intelligence breakdown that they weren't aware that a group of locals were going to target football fans.

namloc1980 wrote: »

Ah here. You're just reaching now. I'd love for you to show some of these quotes saying the Russians are angels. Even one?
    angels as in its english that started it and its their fault all this happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

DailyMarseille
    @DailyMarseille
    Breaking : Un supporter Anglais est décédé. #Marseille #EURO2016 #ANGRUSView translation
    Translated from French by Bing Wrong translation?
    Breaking: An English supporter died. #Marseille #EURO2016 #ANGRUS

• Advertisement
Advertisement