Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 England V Russia on and off the pitch ITV/TV3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Jungvolk are neo nazi supporters of CSKA.

Russia in 2018 is not going to be a pleasant place to go see football,the carry on in France is just a taster.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

zerks wrote: »
    Russians seemed to be all dressed in the same t-shirts here.

Have a look around Youtube for videos of Russian gangs fighting and it is a thing with them so each faction can identify each other.

I don't know if it was joke or not, but some lad on Twitter who was part of a group attacked by Russia fans was saying some of them were wearing MMA gloves and gum shields.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

monkey9 wrote: »
    I don't know if it was joke or not, but some lad on Twitter who was part of a group attacked by Russia fans was saying some of them were wearing MMA gloves and gum shields.

Not a joke

http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/euro-2016/revealed-organised-russian-thugs-wore-gum-shields-and-mma-gloves-in-violent-attack-on-english-fans-34793657.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

hogey143 wrote: »
    Absolute scum. That's absolutely shocking.

Scum on both sides.

Superhorse wrote: »
    Scum on both sides.

Because who said otherwise?

• Advertisement

Those Russian fans in that video should be just hauled away, get their arms and legs broken, and sent home to do their MMA on crutches and practise their neo nazi chants through broken teeth.

Those Russian fans in that video should be just hauled away, get their arms and legs broken, and sent home to do their MMA on crutches and practise their neo nazi chants through broken teeth.

Don't forget to mention the English, posters can't get away with that kind of slackness.

And the English thugs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

The Russians seem to have been the main instigators of a lot of the trouble. Seems they planned it like some sort of military operation. Black t-shirts, masks on their faces; like some sort of uniform. Of course, there were some England fans there who wouldn't exactly run away if they saw trouble starting up. But the Russians seemed to have taken it to a whole new level of viciousness. That lad in the red top and shorts got seriously done over there. Yes, he was probably dishing some out, but to get the kicks he got to the head is just ridiculously vicious.

And the English thugs?

Ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I warned the other posters, Superhorse is on patrol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

FIFA should be looking at moving the WC in 2018 away from Russia based on the organised hooliganism that the Russian fans have exhibited.

Can you imagine what those thugs would do to fans from the Africans or Asian participants on the streets of Russia.

gandalf wrote: »
    FIFA should be looking at moving the WC in 2018 away from Russia based on the organised hooliganism that the Russian fans have exhibited.

Can you imagine what those thugs would do to fans from the Africans or Asian participants on the streets of Russia.

Don't forget the English! When will people learn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRh-IAV9r54

Sickening stuff. This scum should be brought to justice asap.

Ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I warned the other posters, Superhorse is on patrol.

Oh no's a warning from Edward. Must mean the English are angels and didn't cause any trouble at all.

What about the Russians, can't go mentioning one without the other apparently.

Imagine a crowd walking around Liverpool,Manchester or London like that,how far would they get before they are handcuffed and in the back of a cop van.
    The French Police seem to just turn up after the fact or at best in the middle of a fight and throw a bit of tear gas around,so much for proactive policing.They knew there would be trouble-the Russians proclaimed it when the draw was made and of course an element of English would be up for getting pissed and having a ruck,it's not as if they were caught by surprise,they just don't seem too bothered to use common sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

If I was an English hooligan I would think twice before getting into fights with the Russians. From what I've just seen the Russians literally are out to kill and they are more than capable.

I read somewhere that the Russians were saying that the English were overweight, boozed up and soft whereas the Russians coming to the Euros for violence would be tee-totalers, in fighting shape and determined to fight until the bitter end. Having seen the videos coming out of Marseille if I was an English supporter I would be getting as far away from Russian groups as possible.

One small positive to come out of this whole fiasco for English fans is that perhaps after this tournament their reputation as the 'hard men' of football (a reputation that seems to have lingered since the 80s) will well and truly be shattered and maybe in future other countries will not go out to specifically target them.

gandalf wrote: »

Yeah ok it you say so.

Oh no's a warning from Edward. Must mean the English are angels and didn't cause any trouble at all.

And I said that where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Don't forget the English! When will people learn.

England aren't hosting the next world cup but a country with a really serious domestic hooligan problem that doesn't respect minority rights is.

The English fans who took part in fighting are thugs but they are not in the premier league of violent scumbags, those Russians thugs yesterday are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Russians seemed to be all dressed in the same t-shirts here.

Have a look around Youtube for videos of Russian gangs fighting and it is a thing with them so each faction can identify each other.

Why are the English fans engaging with them at all.

It's disgusting behavior from the Russian fans and I'm amazed the fella in the red shirt wasn't killed but the English fans in that video acted all tough for few moments until they realized they were hopelessly outmatched.

If you want to avoid trouble just ****ing run away that's what 99% of people would do.

Imagine a crowd walking around Liverpool,Manchester or London like that,how far would they get before they are handcuffed and in the back of a cop van.
    The French Police seem to just turn up after the fact or at best in the middle of a fight and throw a bit of tear gas around,so much for proactive policing.They knew there would be trouble-the Russians proclaimed it when the draw was made and of course an element of English would be up for getting pissed and having a ruck,it's not as if they were caught by surprise,they just don't seem too bothered to use common sense.

Yeah it's the cops fault, not the hordes of boozed up English and Russian "supporters" out looking for trouble.

Agreed. As should the (worse) Russian thugs. You might consider mentioning that as well.

Yeah ok it you say so.

Sure there's no racism or homophobia in Russia.:rolleyes:

Why are the English fans engaging with them at all.

It's disgusting behavior from the Russian fans and I'm amazed the fella in the red shirt wasn't killed but the English fans in that video acted all tough for few moments until they realized they were hopelessly outmatched.

If you want to avoid trouble just ****ing run away that's what 99% of people would do.

Don't think the fella who got a kicking would have got very far, you're right though, it's alcohol and bravado is their undoing.

Of course those Chelsea fans on the subway in Paris where just having a laugh weren't they?

blueser wrote: »
    Agreed. As should the (worse) Russian thugs. You might consider mentioning that as well.

I have several times in the thread.

2018 is not going to be pretty. As someone mentioned earlier, I wouldn't like to be a fan of an African or Asian nation going there.

Of course those Chelsea fans on the subway in Paris where just having a laugh weren't they?

Chelsea (or England) , or Paris (or France) aren't hosting the next world cup.

So relevant how exactly?

• Advertisement

You thinks the guy who got knocked unconscious wouldnt have done the same?

If you're in the mix fighting gang on gang those are the risks you take. He'd probably say the same himself.

Two sets of neanderthals in that video tbh.

And the English thugs?

Oh prosecuted and fined or even jailed.

I have no time for English thugs. But they seem to have left the racism, the whole wielding machetes and iron bars thing behind them. Russia seems to have just entered 1975, when racism and homophobia and neo Nazism was also evident amongst English fans.

Yeah it's the cops fault, not the hordes of boozed up English and Russian "supporters" out looking for trouble.

You completely missed my point,the cops just seem to be missing.Look at German and Ukraine fans earlier,not a cop to be seen.
    Have you ever been to a high risk game in England? Fans are kept well apart and scenes like we've seen in France don't happen.
    Of course there may be some rows in pubs well away from prying eyes but not on the scale we saw over the weekend.
    My point is to use proactive rather than reactive policing.It's like the fire brigade coming when your house is a pile of ash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

WarZ wrote: »
    If I was an English hooligan I would think twice before getting into fights with the Russians. From what I've just seen the Russians literally are out to kill and they are more than capable.

I read somewhere that the Russians were saying that the English were overweight, boozed up and soft whereas the Russians coming to the Euros for violence would be tee-totalers, in fighting shape and determined to fight until the bitter end. Having seen the videos coming out of Marseille if I was an English supporter I would be getting as far away from Russian groups as possible.

One small positive to come out of this whole fiasco for English fans is that perhaps after this tournament their reputation as the 'hard men' of football (a reputation that seems to have lingered since the 80s) will well and truly be shattered and maybe in future other countries will not go out to specifically target them.

You see the big difference here (and it has been mentioned already I know) is that the Russians and most Eastern Europeans have probably a minimum of 2 years army training done. That is serious stuff, they are taught extreme self defense, different fighting techniques with and without weapons.
    Compare that to some of the English fans who have probably watched green street a few times and think they know what they're doing.
    A lot of neanderthals but one side is out to fire a few bottles and throw a few chairs, the other side wouldnt think twice about killing someone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Look at how they are fighting. It's all combat sport stances and the likes. Absolute sad existence these guys lead. This is the highlight of their lives for these grown men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

The Behaviour of the Russians does cause some real concern about hosting the World Cup in that country. Back in Russia they will have far greater access to weapons and numbers than they have in France.

Add to the football hooligan problem, the clear homophobic problem and the increasingly anti-west rethoric that Putin engages in and it just adds to the tinder box.

Its not that they are Russian, its the fact that the world cup is being hosted there that creates the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'd agree with some of the above. What some of those English are even doing taking on these Russians is beyond me.

From what i've seen, the English fans were causing trouble the first couple of nights. Fighting the police etc, thrashing stuff. A lot of them are beer bellied, overweight so called hard men pretty much like that bloke in the red top in that video.

The problem for the likes of him is that the Russians have rolled into town and are in a different league. I've absolutely no sympathy for him. Kicking people in the head is a scummy thing to do, those Russians are just beneath contempt. But he's no innocent victim, he was literally asking for it. Going after them, giving it the oul 'come on then' gesture and unfortunately for him, they did.

I never agreed with Russia being awarded the 2018 World Cup for a number of reasons and i do think this stuff is just a taster for what's to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    You thinks the guy who got knocked unconscious wouldnt have done the same?

If you're in the mix fighting gang on gang those are the risks you take. He'd probably say the same himself.

Two sets of neanderthals in that video tbh.

One group of lagered up Brits and the other look like they do this for a profession. Still two groups of neanderthals as you put it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

when England came to Dublin in the early 90s they showed little mercy - I've been on the receiving end of a beating at a game in England in the 80's - what the Russians are doing now is another level - that guy in the red is lucky he wasn't killed

blueser wrote: »
    The Russians seem to have been the main instigators of a lot of the trouble. Seems they planned it like some sort of military operation. Black t-shirts, masks on their faces; like some sort of uniform. Of course, there were some England fans there who wouldn't exactly run away if they saw trouble starting up. But the Russians seemed to have taken it to a whole new level of viciousness. That lad in the red top and shorts got seriously done over there. Yes, he was probably dishing some out, but to get the kicks he got to the head is just ridiculously vicious.

Yesh you can see from the nasty head kick video they are no joke, all have conscribed military training and know how to fight, steroided out of it.

They literally immobilse the victim in this case with multiple head kicks and move on, this is different level stuff.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    One group of lagered up Brits and the other look like they do this for a profession. Still two groups of neanderthals as you put it.

Russians look champions league and the English non league in terms of fighting that's for sure.

They've probably been training for the past 4 years for this

• Advertisement

I'd agree with some of the above. What some of those English are even doing taking on these Russians is beyond me.

From what i've seen, the English fans were causing trouble the first couple of nights. Fighting the police etc, thrashing stuff. A lot of them are beer bellied, overweight so called hard men pretty much like that bloke in the red top in that video.

The problem for the likes of him is that the Russians have rolled into town and are in a different league. I've absolutely no sympathy for him. Kicking people in the head is a scummy thing to do, those Russians are just beneath contempt. But he's no innocent victim, he was literally asking for it. Going after them, giving it the oul 'come on then' gesture and unfortunately for him, they did.

I never agreed with Russia being awarded the 2018 World Cup for a number of reasons and i do think this stuff is just a taster for what's to come.

The problem is, you have no idea how he ended up in that fight. Looks to me that these Russians are here to fight and for no other reason. If they start up, what are you meant to do? Run off, lose your mates and get isolated, or stand with the group and try to fend it off? It's not a simple choice imo.

I'd imagine with the world watching them the Russian security forces won't let anything happen in the next world cup and they won't be going easy of any trouble makers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

thebaz wrote: »
    when England came to Dublin in the early 90s they showed little mercy - I've been on the receiving end of a beating at a game in England in the 80's - what the Russians are doing now is another level - that guy in the red is lucky he wasn't killed

Fans have been killed in England at numerous clashes through the years.

Let's not pretend english fans have a code of ethics when fighting also.

I do take the point about the Russians, they dedicate their lives to fighting at matches.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Pretty much summed it up. "Pretend" hardmen against the real deal. Not got any sympathy for any English thugs that copped for a hiding, it's the innocent ones (family groups, lads who patently aren't hooligans) that got picked off. And apparently plenty did, by both Russians and (earlier in the week) gangs of Local French/Arab hooligans.

The problem is, you have no idea how he ended up in that fight. Looks to me that these Russians are here to fight and for no other reason. If they start up, what are you meant to do? Run off, lose your mates and get isolated, or stand with the group and try to fend it off? It's not a simple choice imo.

It's very simple.

Don't engage in the first place, these guys clearly were looking for trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I'd imagine with the world watching them the Russian security forces won't let anything happen in the next world cup and they won't be going easy of any trouble makers.

I thought exactly the same about the French before all this kicked off

It's very simple.

Don't engage in the first place, these guys clearly were looking for trouble.

That is easier said than done when there appears to be **** all police presence.

Russian police will take no nonsense I'd imagine.

The thoughts of them and Qatar having the next 2 world cups is sickening

thebaz wrote: »

Have a look at the last few seconds of the vid,there is a guy on the ground to the right and he ends up getting kicked in the head also and looks unconscious aswell.
    Reports from what went on in the stadium was that they hit anyone in front of them,nationality did not matter.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Fans have been killed in England at numerous clashes through the years.

Let's not pretend english fans have a code of ethics when fighting also.

I do take the point about the Russians, they dedicate their lives to fighting at matches.

Plenty of people who's lives are changed forever too. A Cambridge United fan has been left a paraplegic, badly brain damaged man after an attack by Southend United fans last season so it happens. He wasn't a known hooligan or anything, just attacked by rival fans for what, who knows.

• Advertisement
Advertisement