Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to reset forgotten iPad restrictions passcode?

Options
  • 11-06-2016 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Simple as.

Is it possible to do this?

I was told I could change my restrictions passcode if I can prove the iPad belongs to me, but I'm not sure how to do that. I have an Apple ID, but I have no receipt for it because I got it as a present.

I have also tried to sync my iPad up with iTunes and put it in recovery mode but I got a message, which said the following:
    "iTunes could not connect to the iPad "iPad" because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPad before it can be used with iTunes".

Despite this a software update is still being installed for my iPad on iTunes. 3 hours are remaining. I'm hoping when its fully downloaded I will be able to reset my iPad to factory settings and make a new restrictions passcode. If not is there anything else I can do? I know there is an iConnect in Liffey Valley. Would they be able to help?

My model is an iPad mini. I also have the Serial number.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Google iPhone dfu. It's the same process for an iPad to enter it and you will then be able to restore it.

Advertisement