Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meter not getting read

Options
  • 11-06-2016 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm living in an apartment above a shop and my meter is never read.
    I have submitted a reading several times online and every-time i receive my bill it says Meter not read.
    Just wondering what is the cut off date to supply the reading and also is it even worthwhile submitting the readings online as it does not seem to be received.
    its costing me money every couple of months as I know the estimated reading is higher than what I am using.
    I can supply my details through private messaging if required.

cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi mcgucc22,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    mcgucc22 wrote:
    I'm living in an apartment above a shop and my meter is never read.

ESB Networks take electricity meter readings four times per year on behalf of all suppliers; on the remaining two occasions (of six) your meter will be estimated, though this may be more if there are access issues. If there shouldn't be access issues for the meter reader, we would recommend getting in touch with ESB Networks directly for further info.
    mcgucc22 wrote:
    I have submitted a reading several times online and every-time i receive my bill it says Meter not read.
    Just wondering what is the cut off date to supply the reading and also is it even worthwhile submitting the readings online as it does not seem to be received.

Are you submitting them via ESB Networks website or our own? Generally if you have missed a call from a meter reader a card should be left, and if you submit a reading within 24-48hrs this should be recorded on your forthcoming bill. You would submit a reading via our own site (or when logged in to your account online) if you have already received an estimated bill and would like it amended.
    mcgucc22 wrote:
    I can supply my details through private messaging if required.

If you can send us the following details we can look into this further for you:
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Your full name as it appears on your account
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
    David

Advertisement