Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple in sandwiches

• 11-06-2016 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭

Hi, If I wanted to make some sandwiches for a function containing Apple how long would the Apple last before it started to turn Brown? If I soaked Apple slices in lemon juice would it last much longer and would this make my sandwiches taste horrible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Hi, If I wanted to make some sandwiches for a function containing Apple how long would the Apple last before it started to turn Brown? If I soaked Apple slices in lemon juice would it last much longer and would this make my sandwiches taste horrible?

It wouldn't last too long tbh. You could try it in a citrus mayo which may preserve the colour, but personally I would go with something else. Mushy brown apple in a Sambo doesn't sound too appealing :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Thanks, someone had some delivered to my dad's wake and they were amazing. We ate all the Apple ones straight away though.

I'll look for something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

What else was in these apple sandwiches. Never heard of them before and I would not try one if I was at some place as I hate wasting food. If there was a tiny one I would try it.

You could always have ones sliced and stacked so people could put more in if they wanted. I always wish that was done more often with meats, so you could stick and extra bit of ham in.

They were Turkey and mixed salad with mayo.

I was thinking of Turkey, light cheddar, spinach and green Apple with mustard spread on one slice of bread and light mayo on the other. I might use cucumber now though instead of the apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

They were Turkey and mixed salad with mayo.

I was thinking of Turkey, light cheddar, spinach and green Apple with mustard spread on one slice of bread and light mayo on the other. I might use cucumber now though instead of the apple.

Roasted peppers would go well with this too, you can get them in jars with olive oil

• Advertisement

Roasted peppers would go well with this too, you can get them in jars with olive oil

Thanks, I'll try this out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

In the 80s I was an apprentice and had apple sandwiches for lunch. They would have been made the night before...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Now i want a Waldorf salad! (Might be alright on a sandwitch too!).

Advertisement