Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fence Finish

Options
  • 11-06-2016 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

NB Heading should be Fence Finish

I just finished erecting a D topped (lollipop) fence around the Garden. I had planned to finish it with green cresote but now I see it finished I think it will take away from the clean natural look. Im looking for advice on sealing options. Wax? Clear sealant? Maybe even a stain.
    Alot of the fence is not accessible from the back as it runs along a neighbours I know its an after thought as I was to hasty in getting the fence up but should I remove each piece and seal the back of it. Its possible as I screwed them ìn place and I would rather do it right if it prolongs the life.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

NB Heading should be Fence Finish

I just finished erecting a D topped (lollipop) fence around the Garden. I had planned to finish it with green cresote but now I see it finished I think it will take away from the clean natural look. Im looking for advice on sealing options. Wax? Clear sealant? Maybe even a stain.
    Alot of the fence is not accessible from the back as it runs along a neighbours I know its an after thought as I was to hasty in getting the fence up but should I remove each piece and seal the back of it. Its possible as I screwed them ìn place and I would rather do it right if it prolongs the life.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    TIA.

I take it that the timber used was bought pressure treated for out door use any way
    In that case I wouldn't worry about the back I find ronseals fence life ok as in a good range of natural looking colours but still needs recoating at least every two years. Every year ideally if you've the time

• Registered Users Posts: 8 harryhobbit

Yes looks treated with something a type of wax or spray. Thanks Ill look for a tin tomorrow

Advertisement