Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scott Speedster 30 v Forme Loncliff 1.0

Options
  • 12-06-2016 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi, I'm a complete newcomer to cycling and am looking for a bike. I've narrowed search down to either a Scott Speedster 30 or a Forme Long life Pro 1.0.

Can anyone advise which would be better bike?

Both alloy frames with carbon forks...Both same weight.

The Scott has tiagra setup and Syncros Race 27 Aero Profile rims.

The Forme has 105 and Mavic CXP-22 rims.

Are gears alone enough to point me towards the Forme or is there anything else I should be considering?

Forme is €1000 vs Scott at €1100

Also was looking at a Futura Neon with 105 setup but I can't see anything on the net about it so going to dismiss it.

Any opinions or feedback really appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I would definitely say 105 is a good step above Tiagra, and it's 100 euro cheaper. Scott's frame is probably slightly but gearset more important for sure IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ayeboy

Just came across Canyon endurance Al 6.0. Looks a great bike... only problem is ordering on line....do you think it's risky not sitting on bike before buying? They seem to have good guidelines on sizing on their website. Anyone else have this bike and would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭diarmaidol

If you are dealing in cash i.e. direct purchase on BTW or direct out of you own pocket, have you tried asking for a price on those bikes in a shop. Often you'll get a discount when a voucher system is not in play.

I got a Scott Speedster 20 last year for BTW money. I will ask this... do you want a racer or a endurance road bike? They are different beasts. A few trips down the wrong road on my bike and boy do you feel it. If your not going to be on reasonable roads then looking at something that will take bigger tyres is something I'm sorry I didn't do. (But there always is my second bike to get yet:))

Advertisement