Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 - Group D - Turkey vs Croatia, 2 pm, TV3 & ITV

• 12-06-2016 1:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

turkey-croatia-preview-badge-graphic_3480358.jpg?20160608172242

Turkey vs Croatia

2:00pm, Sunday 12th June
    Parc des Princes

I'm pretty excited for this one. Turkey were great entertainment under Fatih Terim back in 2008, and he's back at the helm now. Croatia meanwhile look great on paper with Modric and Rakitic in their midfield, and Mandzukic up top. Their captain Srna thinks this is the best Croatian team ever. (Will they fare better than the Davor Suker team of the '98 World Cup which finished 3rd? They are back in France again...)

There's been some interesting battles between these two in recent times. Turkey defeated Croatia at Euro 2008 in a penalty shoot-out; but Croatia beat Turkey 3-0 overall in the play-off qualifier to get to Euro 2012. Who wins this time?

Teams:

Turkey: Volkan; Gokhan Gonul, Mehmet Topal, Balta, Caner; Oguzhan, Ozan Tufan; Selcuk, Hakan Çalhanoglu, Arda Turan; Cenk.

Croatia: Subasic; Srna, Corluka, Vida, Strinic; Badelj, Modric, Brozovic, Rakitic, Perisic; Mandzukic.

What are your thoughts for this one? I can see it being a close contest and feel Turkey will cause a scare or two, but I'll go for Croatia to edge it, mainly for the Modric factor.

Here's hoping both sides give it a go and we get goals.

Also this is scheduled to be Emma Byrne's TV3 debut, so good luck to her. Not sure if Joey Barton is on for this one. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It should be another good game. I'll be supporting Croatia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've got Croatia as part of a draw.

Best get that bunting out. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Ah christ stuck with tv3 again. Itv isn't on virgin media is it.

• Paul Mcshane FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Damien1979

This should be a cracker. Croatia are technically gifted and play lovely football. Turkey will have a right go at it and have some tasty footballers themselves. I'll go for a narrow Croatia win. Let's hope it follows the trend of the games we've seen so far. One of these could be the obligatory 'underdog' that goes far in the tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Went for Croatia to win the tournament, 20 each way at 25/1. Think they have a decent squad. And nice to support a team Modric is on, for once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Emma is looking well in fairness

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I am fancying the Turks for some reason. I think they'll come out flying. 2 very passionate teams. Should be a good encounter. 0-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Looking forward to this one. Will be cheering on Croatia as I have them in the draw in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Such insight here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

McShane looking a bit nervy. Emma might be intimidating him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Martin Tyler moonlighting for TV3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Croatia good value at 21/20

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Degag wrote: »
    Martin Tyler moonlighting for TV3?

I'm actually really confused! Sounds exactly like him, hardly is though is it?! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

I'm actually really confused! Sounds exactly like him, hardly is though is it?! :pac:
    It is, yer man in the studio said he was handing it over to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cracking atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Sky Sports commentary team on TV3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

That Croatian midfield is tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Ok I'm in dreamland, Martin Tyler and Alan Smith on TV3?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Tyler and Alan Smith commentating on tv3, nice suprise expecially compared to their other commetators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Martin Tyler on TV3. Excellent. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Tekkers and thuggery!

Teams:

Turkey: Volkan; Gokhan Gonul, Mehmet Topal, Balta, Caner; Oguzhan, Ozan Tufan; Selcuk, Hakan Çalhanoglu, Arda Turan; Cenk.

Croatia: Subasic; Srna, Corluka, Vida, Strinic; Badelj, Modric, Brozovic, Rakitic, Perisic; Mandzukic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I wonder are Tyler and Smith actually working for TV3 or they using the feed from another broadcaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The old "must not give a yellow card no matter how bad the foul before the 10-15 minute mark" chain of thought from the referee :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Damien1979

Decent commentary on TV3.. I had to check it was the TV remote and not xbox controller I had..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I wonder are Tyler and Smith actually working for TV3 or they using the feed from another broadcaster.

Probably just turned on fifa 16 in the background

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Tyler and Alan Smith commentating on tv3, nice suprise expecially compared to their other commetators.

So glad I clicked in here - what a lovely surprise :) Was literally just saying to myself how annoying Andy Townsend is, then I see this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Only just turned the game on there, very well done by TV3 getting Tyler and Smith, hope they do a lot more matches for them.

Croatia looking the better side here early on, but it must be scary for any side coming up against Canhanoglu, all it takes is one foul in the wrong area and the game could be turned on its head, class freekick taker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

martyos121 wrote: »
    Only just turned the game on there, very well done by TV3 getting Tyler and Smith, hope they do a lot more matches for them.

Croatia looking the better side here early on, but it must be scary for any side coming up against Canhanoglu, all it takes is one foul in the wrong area and the game could be turned on its head, class freekick taker.

And it looks to be the tournament for free kicks - two scored already :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Not sure but they were commentating at the opener, was it for tv3 though?

https://twitter.com/9smudge/status/740540240788623360

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Tyler & Smith are on the UEFA world feed, broadcasters can either use that or the clean one with no commentary so they can use their own commentators

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

sheroman01 wrote: »
    And it looks to be the tournament for free kicks - two scored already :)

Nothing sweeter in football than a perfectly struck freekick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I'd say they're using a generic feed. I haven't heard Tyler mention TV3 or anything to indicate he's got an Irish audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Turks have the support here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Reading this thread has meant I'm watching a football match on TV3 for the first time in years, thanks boards!

Townsend is on ITV, I thought they had given him the boot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I'd say they're using a generic feed. I haven't heard Tyler mention TV3 or anything to indicate he's got an Irish audience.

Yes. This is obvious. Anyone thinking TV3 with their ten pixel resolution have made a cash offer to Tyler and Smith to come do exclusive commentary for their Croatia Turkey coverage needs to have a word with themselves.

I am enjoying this commentary though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

marno21 wrote: »
    Tyler & Smith are on the UEFA world feed, broadcasters can either use that or the clean one with no commentary so they can use their own commentators

TV3 need to use this all the time!

Yillan wrote: »
    Yes. This is obvious. Anyone thinking TV3 with their ten pixel resolution have made a cash offer to Tyler and Smith to come do exclusive commentary for their Croatia Turkey coverage needs to have a word with themselves.

I am enjoying this commentary though.

To be fair, I think they did get Sky's Stuart Barnes for their rugby World Cup coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

This is one classy Croatia team, you'd expect them to pile the pressure on when Turkey will eventually tire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Jesus first world problems here, the SD on TV3 rankles for a second day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

Would it cost more to use the universal commentary for every game? This is much better than the usual TV3 rubbish.

Oh what a cross that was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Badelj Martin. Not Badely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Has to score there.

• Best chance of the game so far
    Poor header IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That cross. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Think there will be goals in this. Good energy about both teams. Crowd have been excellent. Turkey are my team after ire and n. Ire

• Ouch

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Turkey doing well so far, but I still kinda feel like the Croatians will take this one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement