Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i am a 48yr old man and love wearing bras.

• 12-06-2016 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

ive searched for other posts like this but i havnt come across any,im just wondering are there any other fellas that have the same passion as me,and do you feel like you must be weird doing it ????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Don't know you will find any threads ,
    but I will say it's pretty common for some men to enjoy wearing ladies lingerie from bras to stocking and suspenders .
    I believe you can even find online stores that cater to the feminine underwear for men market .

As long as your happy and comfortable carry on enjoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

It's not weird, may not be as common for people to talk about. If it makes you feel good about yourself or happy, go for it! We all need something to pick us up every now and again!

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Its probably not very common as another poster said but i would imagine you are definatly not the only man who does it.
    You are not hurting anyone so dont see the problem. In the grand scheme of things you should do whatever makes you happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭AlabamaWorley

I know of someone who dresses men up as women for a living.

There are many people from all walks of life who enjoy this (who have no intention of changing their gender)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I'd take a bit more of a conservative view here, there is a difference between pleasure and happiness . It just seems like an activity that while it might give you instant gratification it will generate guilt and some negative thoughts. Its not something you can be proud about in public or share it as a bar story. maybe try to find out why you want to do this, stress relief?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

silverharp wrote: »
    I'd take a bit more of a conservative view here, there is a difference between pleasure and happiness . It just seems like an activity that while it might give you instant gratification it will generate guilt and some negative thoughts. Its not something you can be proud about in public or share it as a bar story. maybe try to find out why you want to do this, stress relief?

I think this is not a 'bit more' of a conservative view but is blatantly hurtful. I don't see what the problem is with being attracted to the opposite sex's undergarments. I am a gay man and when my boyfriend leaves his underwear at my house I love wearing it/smelling them/playing with myself in them and telling him I did that. I don't think that's particularly weird or odd... I think it's fairly normal and I know of many who have done the same.

It doesn't matter WHY you do it or WHY you are attracted to them, the big thing here is if it's making you feel guilty. You have to question why something like this which is innocent and fairly normal is having a negative effect on you. I know of a lot of straight men who love cross dressing but have zero desire to be with a man... I still don't get why people have a problem with it. If you're not hurting someone else then why care?! Keep going with it, you'll probably tire of it anyway and move onto something else. As long as you are not hurting yourself or others in the process, live and let live!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

Are they your own Bras? If they belong to a partner do they know?
    You are perfectly entitled to wear whatever makes you happy so long as they're your own clothes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

As this is more a discussion type thread, it is not really suitable for PI. As you are posing your question to the gentlemen of boards I am going to move it over to The Gentlemen's Club and I'm sure if there are any chaps there who enjoy wearing bras or panties they will be only too happy to share their experiences with you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Not sure it's a discussion style thread TBH and I dunno why you moved it here. If someone else wants to open it game ball, but I can't see it proving enlightening.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement