Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chat Junkies

• 12-06-2016 8:49am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭

The Recycling & Domestic Waste Disposal Charter states: This is "the special stickied Chat Junkies thread where you can aimlessly wander off topic, and almost anything goes, provided it does not violate this charter." So have fun, but please be civil to one another. You do not have to chat about Recycling & Domestic Waste Disposal here, only if you want to. Posts can be just a smiley face, picture, or one-word, all the way up to rambling paragraphs like this one.

Are we having fun yet?

latest?cb=20070914205305

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Let's talk trash!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭emo72

I'll bite. the lefty in me, thinks that some things should be left in control of the government. waste collection definitely applies. privatisation hasnt led to cheaper prices has it? and is it even possible, when say, a small housing estate of 100 houses could be serviced by a company coming in and only collecting 5 bins, then another company collecting 10 and another collecting 20 and so on. thats just crazy.

and then whats the cost of the countryside being destroyed by illegal dumping? everywhere i drive i see dumped black bags at the side of the road. its becoming an epidemic. i certainly wouldn't ever condone dumping, its disgusting. and its only going to get worse as the prices go higher.

this is turning into a mess, and whats the point of having local authorities if we leave them with nothing to do? privatise everthing?

so, where is the competitive pricing and how will the dumping issue be solved? im calling this situation a disaster.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

emo72 wrote: »
    I'll bite. the lefty in me,

I'm ambidextrous. Oh, you were probably talking about something else. :cool:

Just opened a "Talking Trash" thread in AH wondering if "Chat Junkies" was the best title for this continuous chat thread in our forum.

What do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Black Swan wrote: »
    Just opened a "Talking Trash" thread in AH wondering if "Chat Junkies" was the best title for this continuous chat thread in our forum.

What do you think?

It's a good name, leave it. Theirs enough "officialness" about the place. Anyone who doesn't put 2 and 2 together will get there in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Manure and slurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

How about "Balderdash and bunkum "? an old favourite expression of mine...

Advertisement