Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing name on Electric Ireland account

Options
  • 12-06-2016 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I need some help with helping the name on the Electric Ireland account at the property we're living at. 

The house that my wife and I are currently living in is in the name of my grandparents. However, both of my grandparents have been deceased for a couple of years now. The house is owned by my uncle, who lives in London. The bills, under my grandparents names, are being sent to my uncle in London. My wife and I are solely responsible for all utility bills etc. at the property and have moved these bills to our name, with the exception of Electric Ireland.

When my uncle has asked about changing the name on the account, he has been told that it cost something ludicrous like €200 to make the change. Surely that can't be right? My grandparents can't request the change because they're dead, and Electric Ireland won't talk to me because I'm not either of my dead grandparents, even though I'm the person paying the bills.

Can someone on here please help me to sort out this crazy situation? We've had no problems changing the name on the Irish Water bill, gas account etc. 

Kind regards,

Declan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Declan,

Thanks for your message.

If you wish to register the property into your name, we can arrange this for you here on Boards. In order to do so, could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • Your Electric Ireland account number (if you were previously registered as an Electric Ireland customer)
    • Your address
    • Your contact number and date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient, and only required if you previously had an Electric Ireland account in your name)
    • The MPRN (electricity) and/or GPRN (gas) of the propery
    • A meter reading taken from the property, and the date the reading was taken

We may then be able to register the property in your name from the date the reading was taken.

Was the fee mentioned to your uncle €300? This may be the security deposit required when all new customers register with Electric Ireland. New customers to Electric Ireland are not required to pay a security deposit should they wish to sign up to direct debit payments with Electric Ireland.

If you wish to register as a direct debit customer, we would advise contacting our Sales team on 1850 305 090 (available from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5:30pm on Saturdays), as they can then register the premises in your name, set up the direct debit, and may be able to offer your savings on your bill. If you do not wish to register for savings, but do wish to sign up to direct debit, you can set this up online once the property has been registered in your name.

Alternatively, the security deposit is not required if you wish to register as a Pay As You Go customer with Electric Ireland. For further information on the Pay As You Go service, we would advise contacting our Sales team.

We hope this helps. Should you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement