Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OBD - real time data

• 12-06-2016 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭

Hi experts,
    Could you advice me if these readings look OK. Specially "MAF sensor".
    Xsara Picasso 1.6HDi '04
    Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Hi experts,
    Could you advice me if these readings look OK. Specially "MAF sensor".
    Xsara Picasso 1.6HDi '04
    Thank you in advance.

Its not showing a reading for the maf.....:confused:
    Whats the problem with the car..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Row wrote: »
    Its not showing a reading for the maf....
    exactly. And as you could expect car is not well. Stutter and stall even while driving 60-80. Most problematic cold engine, but does it on hot to. This reading was taken with replaced MAF ( second hand ), but car act the same. Have bunch of error codes but don't know where to start( unless paint car green and push it to the bog ).
    Engine management light comes and goes.
    Erased codes and will see what comes back tomorr.... today.
    Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭whizbang

Most cars use Either MAF, or MAP, but not both.
    I thought these things used a MAF, in which case the reader is telling porkies - not unknown by the way.

but you have a lot more codes in there that you should be checking. Why did you pick the MAF out of all these ?

whizbang wrote: »
    Most cars use Either MAF, or MAP, but not both.
    I thought these things used a MAF, in which case the reader is telling porkies - not unknown by the way.

but you have a lot more codes in there that you should be checking. Why did you pick the MAF out of all these ?
    I pick all that would be showing some data. I have general knowledge about some things in here, but honestly i would need to know what is the benchmark. I know that 77C temperature is normal/bit below normal working temp, and 3012rpm is revs , but Vehicle speed info here would be useless as car is not moving in this instance. As to rest of figures I need your advice as I have no idea what would be the norm/right figure to compare to.
    Regarding MAP/MAF , I have one of these(http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Berlingo-C3-C4-C5-Xsara-Picasso-MAP-SENSOR-/271571013033?hash=item3f3ae4cda9:g:KAgAAOSwnDZT5Kb5) and one of these(http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/for-Citroen-C2-C3-Picasso-C4-C5-Xsara-Picasso-1-6HDI-Mass-Air-Flow-Sensor-Meter/331011341975?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3D22984866015b4e0bb300662a6aa33044%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D271571013033) fitted under bonnet.
    Thanks for help and advice.

Any way...
    I started car this morning(preheated 10 min without moving) to discover that problem still there:mad:
    So removed harness from MAF sensor and .. after stutter 2 times car went OK. Drove to work (30km) without a beep. After work (cold engine ) EngMgmt light show up ( normal as MAF disconnected ) and car stutter several times till got hot enough after what got home OK.
    So looks like 1 out of 2( or both ) :
    Second hand MAF was gone to,
    or/and
    Some problem with wiring (short, leak, etc.)
    Appreciate if someone could guide me how to test MAF and more important - wiring for faults , with "home-held tools" like multimeter or alike.
    Correct me if I am wrong thinking that the rest of error codes show as result of one system failing and engine works erratically.
    One more observation : car use to stutter/stall then and there, but most on left turn and recover with steering wheel rotation to straight? Is this coincidence ?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Depending on the wiring the ecu 5 volt supply going to your maf/map/crankshaft sensor etc maybe been pulled down due to a faulty sensor on that circuit or as you said yourself you have a wiring problem somewhere which seems to be breaking down when the engine is hot.

Depending on the wiring the ecu 5 volt supply going to your maf/map/crankshaft sensor etc maybe been pulled down due to a faulty sensor on that circuit or as you said yourself you have a wiring problem somewhere which seems to be breaking down when the engine is hot.
    Thanks Row
    Could you help me with pin out and testing procedure.

Thanks Row
    Could you help me with pin out and testing procedure.

If you pm me your vin/chassis number I'll see what I can find.

If you pm me your vin/chassis number I'll see what I can find.
    Message send
    Thanks

Advertisement