Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crying and winging

Options
  • 12-06-2016 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hi all as the tital says iv a 14 old boy who I adore but he has for a long time being a winge for example ya can't leave the sitting room to go to the kitchen and he bursts in to a cry and is hot on your heals he can't accept No and he crys it's painfull seeing it almost every day I'm wondering if this is a phase. We have a 2.5 year old girl who was never like that. Will he grow out of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Do you mean a 14 month old? That's pretty normal, some babies just don't like when their parents "leave" even for a minute or not very far away. He could be teething, could be upset over something, learning new things and just wants the security of his parent being nearby. Of course he'll grow out of it, he won't be 10 years old and still crying if you leave the room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Hi all as the tital says iv a 14 old boy who I adore but he has for a long time being a winge for example ya can't leave the sitting room to go to the kitchen and he bursts in to a cry and is hot on your heals he can't accept No and he crys it's painfull seeing it almost every day I'm wondering if this is a phase. We have a 2.5 year old girl who was never like that. Will he grow out of it?

If it's any consolation my little dude was a constant whinge! Literally, from the day he was born. He's 3.5 now and there's been a huge change in the last 6 months. It's was not the crying that bothered bothered me much... Just the constant whinging! I always said he hit the terrible 2s at about 4 months old. My little girl who's nearly 2.5 never ever was a whinge and only really properly cried if she really hurt herself. She's become a little madam the past couple of months however and become very bossy.

It's a phase... It might last a while but it won't last forever (thank god!).

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭john jameson

Sorry yes he is 14 months people keeping telling me it's a phase but how long do these phases go on for there if it doesn't end soon il crack. May be it will get better when he starts walking he is almost there with that and yes he is pushing new teeth it's all happening anyway thanks for reply and your stories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Sorry yes he is 14 months people keeping telling me it's a phase but how long do these phases go on for there if it doesn't end soon il crack. May be it will get better when he starts walking he is almost there with that and yes he is pushing new teeth it's all happening anyway thanks for reply and your stories

It will probably get better when he starts to be able to communicate verbally with you. It can be frustrating for little boys and girls when they can't communicate their needs and we don't understand and them all the time. This can lead to a lot of whinging and crying I think.

Advertisement