Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi New here

Options
  • 12-06-2016 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I'm a freelance employee who's worked mainly in the UK for the past years.

I've an 8 month contract with an Irish company who'll need me to be registered as a sole trader/limited company for the duration (this could extend).

I still have my old Ulster bank account.

I doubt I'll have much business expenses (I'd like to buy a new bike, healthcare, transport, lunch etc, I may like to purchase some small pieces of tech under 2,000e).

Questions should I register as a sole trader or limited company (My turnover will be under 50k)
    Do I need an accountant and if so can someone recommend one to me.

Should I open a new bank account.

If this is the wrong forum etc my apologises, (it's my first day)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Welcome to boards! Unless you need the protection an LTD offers then Sole Trader is fine. Most banks will let you have a personal account for the business and the a/c name will just be your name t/a your business name it makes it a lot easier if you have them separate. If you are likely to only have a few expenses and incomes then its easy enough to do the books yourself the only other thing you need to consider is VAT if you are likely to meet the threshold then you will have to register for that too. I think the threshold for you will be 37.5k but not 100% sure.

Advertisement