Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain name registering

Options
  • 12-06-2016 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all

Not sure if this is the right place, however any advice or nudge in the correct direction would be appreciated.

Basically I have some domain names registered and the renewal prices annually are €13.99 for a '.com' and €24.99 for a '.ie'. I'm just enquiring if there is a cheaper way to keep the names registered on an annual basis, or a company that anyone could recommend. I just want to keep the domain names registered as cheaply as possible at the moment, as I don't have sites up and running yet, as I'm trying to keep costs down, and no I'm not a cybersquatter or whatever they're called!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hover.com are pretty great for domain management, I'd recommend them.

IEs will never be cheap due to the extra controls that are applied for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

ED E wrote: »
    Hover.com are pretty great for domain management, I'd recommend them.

IEs will never be cheap due to the extra controls that are applied for them.

You mean "extra controls" like residency, local business or some other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

https://www.alwaysamber.ie/ charge a bit less for .ie so you could move it to them.

Moving a .ie is fairly painless I think, all they need is a signed letter from the owner. The .com you might get a bit cheaper if you move it to OVH or some other crowd but you'll have to unlock it with the current provider and get auth code from them

Advertisement