Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E3 2016 - The PC Edition

• 12-06-2016 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

I thought we could have our own E3 thread given that a lot of the stories in the main Gaming Forum's thread simply won't apply to those of us who game on PC only. There'll probably be little excitement by way of PC exclusives, but sure what the hell... At the very least, we won't have to read through the crap about who "won" E3.

Here's the trailer-only thread, although obviously that will include trailers for games that will never see the light of day on PC.

Here's the timetable for the main presentations;

Cj6TK4bUgAEzx1c.jpg:large

For the cynics amongst us, TB is doing a Snarkathon.

You can follow it on his Twitch channel.

Let the anti-climaxing begin!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

AMD are hyping up the PC Gaming Show (which they host, iirc). So expect lots of talk about Polaris and VR. The following are going to be there to talk it up as well;

Bohemia Interactive
    Borealys Games
    Boss Key Studios / Nexon
    Digital Extremes
    Finji
    Microsoft
    New World Interactive
    NovaQuark
    Oculus
    Other Ocean Interactive
    Paradox Interactive
    Relic Entertainment / SEGA
    Square Enix / Square Enix Collective
    Studio Wildcard
    TaleWorlds Entertainment
    Torn Banner Studios
    Tripwire Interactive

Would be nice to see some more info about Polaris (especially the rumoured 490 card).

Pretty poor conference from EA. Hopefully Bethesda do better with the Wolfenstein and Dishonored sequels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

andromeda got some new tidbits thrown into this video, not much to go on really, but here it is anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

andromeda got some new tidbits thrown into this video, not much to go on really, but here it is anyway

Hypemeter set to TEPID.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Another E3 summed up by this picture

Tbnn5cZ.jpg

BF1. Looks impressive visually but ultimately can't get excited for any Origin DRM games nor FPS whose entire infantry shooting requires aim down sights. Had a good laugh about it on mumble when it was live. Don't think I'm even going to bother with Bethesda one. Just gonna play some insurgency for the rest of the night I think.

• Advertisement

New Quake.

Edit: Called "Quake Champions", seems to be MP only and is a PC exclusive.

As rumoured, the trailer for the new version of Prey from Bethesda/Arkane was shown as well. Still has the futuristic sci-fi setting as the abandoned Prey 2, but now has a horror thing going on too. Interest is piqued.

Here's the Quake Champions trailer too;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Wow Bethesda is buzzwords, buzzwords everywhere!

I hate when they say "Coming to PS4, XBO, and PC." What does PC mean? Did they mean windows mac and linux? Makes about as much sense as saying "Coming to consoles and PC", tells us little about the actual platforms.

lol at that Skyrim remaster. Pretty much basic graphics mods we've had for years but with none of the gameplay mods. Was a no-brainer not charging windows players for it since nobody would buy it. Smart to make it seem like it was being so pro-consumer and nice to the most dedicated fans... yet not ever patching any of the huge issues that the unnoficial skyrim patch had to take care of all this time. No... graphics on PS4/XBO is much more important apparently. Nice try, Todd.

Edit: Microsoft on @ 16:00. Might tune in but I'd be better off skipping it since you know it's all going to be windows 10 and XBO one blabber. Anything less than announcing DX12 on W7-8 will be wasted opportunity.

Zillah wrote: »
    Hypemeter set to TEPID.

i'm kind of annoyed at them over that too, they've less than a year to meet their new release date and so far this is what they've chosen as E3 marketing.

very meh

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Tell ya what, MS are pushing the "also on Windows 10" thing just as hard as they said they were going to. It's pretty cool :)

• Advertisement

I was watching the match. Worth watching the MS conference later so, Shiminay?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Dair76 wrote: »
    I was watching the match. Worth watching the MS conference later so, Shiminay?

Ah, you're probably better off just checking the demo vids than the whole thing, it was a bit Microsoft :)

Currently watching Cliffy B and Day 9 talking about Lawbreakers which really does look quite fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So the Polaris cards were shown off at the PC show. Couldn't hear what they were saying because the stream I found had a guy shouting over it in Spanish.

Also a few new games shown off. Only one I caught a glimpse of was Observer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Forza Horizon 3 is coming to PC, super pumped for that

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So the Polaris cards were shown off at the PC show. Couldn't hear what they were saying because the stream I found had a guy shouting over it in Spanish.

Also a few new games shown off. Only one I caught a glimpse of was Observer

Observer looks interesting - a detective game with a horror/cyberpunk theme.

Yeah, nothing exciting regarding the AMD cards from what I saw. The two newly announced cards are lower specced than the 480, so not likely to interest many gamers except those on a tighter budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Observer looks interesting - a detective game with a horror/cyberpunk theme.

It definitely looks good.

That and We Happy Few are what's mainly piquing my interest this E3, I really couldn't care for most of the stuff. And Gwent, but that goes without saying. And Dishonored 2 of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Oh and how could I forget Vampyr?

Yeah, so there's actually a few games I'm really interested in. ;)

Potentially brilliant oldschool RPG, by obsidian & paradox, might be worth a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Anybody know what Bohemia were showing off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

EoinHef wrote: »
    Anybody know what Bohemia were showing off?

Apex trailer, its out july 11.

Sea of Thieves looks like fun but I forgot about Msft UWP, so fcuk that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So they released a sneak preview of the Apex expansion,its under the betas tab on steam. 7.9gb update,had a hour or two of messing around on it checking out the new gear and vehicles and the tanoa map. Theres a decent amount of content,new map,a few new weapons and attachments,vehicles,camos,uniforms etc Also supposed to be a decent performance and graphical update but as its a preview might be a bit early to judge how it runs now

Probably the pick of it for me is the V 44 X Blackfish,it looks like an Osprey and can transport other vehicles and infantry around the map. Also the armed version is basically an AC 130:D

Pity they delayed the full release,thought it was a bit strange to only announce the delay at E3 unless i missed a previous one.

M&BII - very much looking forward to this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That looks brilliant. It's probably the game i'm most looking forward to, after spending a huge amount of time on Warband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

M&BII - very much looking forward to this.

A game I've always REALLY wanted was to just be a "solider" in a large scale battle. Medival or Roman style time settings. Nothing has every really come close.

I just watched the above without sound cause I'm in work, but looks absolutely terrible. Maybe harsh if its an early alpha, but the swing animations are like PS1 levels of bad, as are the looks.

Skerries posted this over in the main E3 trailer thread. Basically, it's a list of every PC game* at E3 2016.

*some aren't really confirmed 100% though, so take with a pinch of salt

Advertisement