Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QVIS 4CHN-Lite DVR

Options
  • 12-06-2016 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

Hi, wondering if anyone can help me out. My father has a QVIS 4 camera CCTV system installed in his home - he updated the passwords for security reasons (grandkids) and due to the infrequency of using the DVR for playback has totally forgotten the updated password for the admin account. Is there anyway of performing a factory reset to return the DVR to 'out of box' and default passwords so that I can recover the system and then reconfigure the whole setup for him?

I've tried all the usual passwords he thought he'd have used and I've also tried the defaults such as 888888 / 666666 / 000000 / 123456 etc to no avail. I'm locked out after 3 failed attempts for 30mins at a time.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction as the original installer wants nothing to do with it :o

It looks like this without the HDMI logo:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Qvis-Atlantis-Channel-H-264-Mobile/dp/B00MEDBXZC

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

ciarsd wrote: »
    Hi, wondering if anyone can help me out. My father has a QVIS 4 camera CCTV system installed in his home - he updated the passwords for security reasons (grandkids) and due to the infrequency of using the DVR for playback has totally forgotten the updated password for the admin account. Is there anyway of performing a factory reset to return the DVR to 'out of box' and default passwords so that I can recover the system and then reconfigure the whole setup for him?

I've tried all the usual passwords he thought he'd have used and I've also tried the defaults such as 888888 / 666666 / 000000 / 123456 etc to no avail. I'm locked out after 3 failed attempts for 30mins at a time.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction as the original installer wants nothing to do with it :o

It looks like this without the HDMI logo:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Qvis-Atlantis-Channel-H-264-Mobile/dp/B00MEDBXZC

Thanks!

We are not allowed give out codes on here.
    What I can say is if you contact a local installer he can get the codes reset on your system.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

On most a power down/power up will reset the lock out.

Advertisement