Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could a course rise by 55 points?

Options
  • 12-06-2016 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm a repeat student, I've applied to creative music production in iadt & got 600/600 in the interview/portfolio. Based on last years results (250) I would of got the course. The the course has only been out for 2 years and was 265 in it's 1st year and 795 last year, we were also told that 140 applied this year and they only take 25. So I was wondering if a course could go up by 55 points?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

From what I've seen over the years, a jump of 55 very rarely happens. I did Computer Applications in DCU before going to IADT and the interest in that course was huge and it only jumped 10 or 15 points for 2 years before stabilising and then dropping again.

That said, have backup plans. Computer Applications was third on my CAO but I was still happy(-ish) with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Hi Kchunt88, the honest answer is no one knows. Jumps of 55 are rare though. On the other hand, as you've pointed out the course has only been going for a couple of year so the points won't have "settled down". But whatever way you slice it 600 is a great portfolio score so they definitely want you!

Advertisement