Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 Group C, Poland v Northern Ireland, 5pm

• 12-06-2016 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

From Stade de Nice

Live on

RTE 2

BBC 1

What's to be said about this one? Northern Ireland will surely get schooled through the tournament. I'm going 5 - 0 to Poland. Lewandowski hatrick.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

Poland to win 3-0, first hammering of the tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

All eyes on Zielinski this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Surprise draw. C'mon N.Ire! They're on good form coming into the tournament. Think teams will under estimate them and they will be frustrated.

Love to see Lafferty get a goal. The womanizing, wild irishman he apparently is according to his former Serie B club owner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think Poland will win but I don't think it will be a hammering. I'll go for a 2-0 victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

This will be an intense match , ill go with 2:1 to Northern Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Should Spain not be up next considering there in Croatia and Turkeys group?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Should Spain not be up next considering there in Croatia and Turkeys group?

Tomorrow before us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Poland 8/11 to win. Completely overpriced for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Tomorrow before us

Yeah I know that but its usually teams out of the same group play on the same day or one after another.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

It's interesting where people's loyalties lie with this one.

A lot of us down south have Polish friends or work with Poles who've come over in the past few years. At the same time, with the thaw in relations and the, supposedly, better vibe and lack of sectarianism in Windsor Park these days a lot of southerners are shouting for the North.

After debating it in my head for a while I think I'll be hoping the Poles do it... but once the game kicks off I'll probably swing towards the underdog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

A lot of us down south have Polish friends or work with Poles who've come over in the past few years. At the same time, with the thaw in relations and the, supposedly, better vibe and lack of sectarianism in Windsor Park these days a lot of southerners are shouting for the North.

Can't vouch for the corkonians or Kerry folk, but here in the East we are looking forward to NI playing & hopefully doing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Poland will beat them easily. Northern Ireland will suffer the same fate as we did in Euro 2012, 3 comprehensive beatings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Great bunch of fans they are:

https://twitter.com/br_uk/status/741975349626568704

Catchiest football song I've heard in a long time, best of luck to them in the match too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Lewandowski is 6ft 4", didn't know that. The perfect player to stick on corner taking duty :pac:

It's interesting where people's loyalties lie with this one.

After debating it in my head for a while I think I'll be hoping the Poles do it... but once the game kicks off I'll probably swing towards the underdog.

The anthem they use bugs me. It's not credible to claim they want to make it inclusive for northern nationalists and cling to an anthem that they well know winds up a huge chunk of their community. So much for the shared society.

We had to bring in Ireland's call for the rugby and they haven't bothered to attempt to do similar. It's hard for me to warm to them with that being the case.

Having said that, I do like Michael O'Neill and some of their players. I guess I'll be conflicted to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I will be rooting for our closest neighbours, a lovely bunch of people who we have a great affinity with. Let's go Poland, beat the British!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Not going to bother watching this, actually this group is the group I am least interested in as a I dont really like all four teams.

McShane looks like a generic German goalkeeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭briany

Much as I don't think Ireland should take Sweden lightly, given the presence of Ibra, I don't think NI should be taking Poland likely, with the presence of Lewandowski. If either shows up on their respective day, it's trouble for their opponents.

Line-ups (via The Guardian):

Poland: Szczesny, Piszczek, Glik, Pazdan, Jedrzejczyk, Blaszczykowski, Krychowiak, Maczynski, Kapustka, Milik, Lewandowski.

Northern Ireland: McGovern, McLaughlin, Cathcart, Jonny Evans, McAuley, McNair, Norwood, Davis, Baird, Ferguson, Lafferty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

High scoring draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

GreNoLi wrote: »
    High scoring draw.

6 or 7

Be specific

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Botched line ups on bbc

• Hopefully lewandowski doesn't play act like he did against us

As good as he is, He's a divil for diving and feigning injury

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Line-ups (via The Guardian):

Poland: Szczesny, Piszczek, Glik, Pazdan, Jedrzejczyk, Blaszczykowski, Krychowiak, Maczynski, Kapustka, Milik, Lewandowski.

Northern Ireland: McGovern, McLaughlin, Cathcart, Jonny Evans, McAuley, McNair, Norwood, Davis, Baird, Ferguson, Lafferty.

Hope Kerr does this match he'll really struggle with those Polish names

6 or 7

Be specific

Tree tree.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Hope Kerr does this match he'll really struggle with those Polish names

Probably did a Polish course in preparation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭El Chapo

There won't be a drop of diesel laundered for a month if Norn Iron nick this.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

United Ireland XI

Randolph
    Coleman - Cathcart - Evans - Brady
    Walters - Davis - McCarthy - McGinn
    Hoolahan
    Long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

The NI keeper will be a busy man, hes not a great keeper either. Looks like they've picked 4 Center backs almost, id fancy Poland to top this group.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

WILL GRIGGS ON...... the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Qiaonasen

German TV interviewing a man covered in loyalist tatooes while playing traditional Irish dancing music in the background. Also struggling with the pronunciations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

SantryRed wrote: »
    Poland 8/11 to win. Completely overpriced for me.

Got them at 3/4 earlier. Couldn't believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Qiaonasen wrote: »
    German TV interviewing a man covered in loyalist tatooes while playing traditional irish dancing music in the background.

Interesting, just shows how parochial the rubbish here is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hopefully lewandowski doesn't play act like he did against us

As good as he is, He's a divil for diving and feigning injury

Literally every single player in world football does this now. The sooner people accept its part of the game now the better.

• Advertisement

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Literally every single player in world football does this now. The sooner people accept its part of the game now the better.

No they don't, Lewandoski is an expert proponent of the dark arts of being a muppet.

• Pyjamarama wrote: »

Literally every single player?
    Eh no
    And people should accept it?
    Eh definatly no

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Heart says we'll cause an upset, head says we'll lose but not badly.

Stephen Alkin? BBC it is then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

G'wan, lads! Ye wee Fcukers!

• Advertisement

Go save the queen, ****ing lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Why can't will griggs on fire just be the anthem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Mec27 wrote: »

Hope Poland stuff them

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Hard to watch NI with that anthem.

No wonder every foreigner I meet thinks Ireland is the same as Britain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Nothing political but its odd Scotland and Wales have their own anthem whilst North haven't adapted one yet? Any reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Wales and Scotland have their own anthem, NI still singing that God needs to save the Queen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Literally every single player?
    Eh no
    And people should accept it?
    Eh definatly no

I'm not saying I condone it either, but just look at Spanish football. They carry on like that and they win everything. Of course there are some quality teams over there but it's no coincidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Mec27 wrote: »

You could separate the Nationalists from the Protestants by who was singing it! No wonder so many Northern Irish players declare for the republic.

What did they do when England played Northern Ireland in a qualifier a while back? Did they just play God Save the Queen twice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Hope Poland stuff them

here we go................................. Big Polish fan, I assume....

RobertKK wrote: »
    Wales and Scotland have their own anthem, NI still singing that God needs to save the Queen.

Well they are proud to be British.

• Advertisement
Advertisement