Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 Group C, Poland v Northern Ireland, 5pm

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Berserker wrote: »
    They are a very mature side. Can't see them panicking. They'd just continue to play their game with the hope of getting the goals they'd need, I think. An NI goal would be great for the game and something special for NI, of course.

An NI goal would make the attack v defence aspect worse. A Poland goal gets NI out, as it is NI are happy to keep things as they are.

That was a very poor half of football.
    Hope our game tomorrow is better.
    This resembles a school-yard game.

indeed, hopefully Ireland don't resort to this muck. Getting and a result and all that but it's dreadful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Berserker wrote: »
    Better off not rising to their bait. They are just here to try to stir up trouble. They have no interest in the football at all.

In fairness it is true that soccer was a loyalist dominated sport, fan wise when the team was developing and even up to the last decade or two.

Its interesting reading if you get a chance. That's why the anthem wasnt changed. It definitely is time to change it now however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hopefully lewandowski doesn't play act like he did against us

As good as he is, He's a divil for diving and feigning injury

aye totally remember that... he was pure filth and the ref was lapping it up

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Going exactly as most people thought,NI wud be delighted with a 0-0,I cud play in goals for Poland

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Dallas on for McNair which is an attacking sub IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Could Liam Brady sound less involved?

awec wrote: »
    Dallas on for McNair which is an attacking sub IMO.

Hi Michael!!

enhanced-buzz-31514-1376745130-10.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

awec wrote: »
    Heart says we'll cause an upset, head says we'll lose but not badly.

Something similar here, mod. Heart hopes they win or draw, head says 2-1 or 3-1. Pity the discussion gets political. NI is half Irish-Irish and half Irish- British so I support them, after RoI of course. My forebears would turn in their respective graves because back then it was a garrison game and a big political issue. Now, this little country, through its brilliant supporters, has gained a positive reputation which can only be good. Yes, we have a large Polish population but I still give preference to our neighbours. And that includes Wales and England.
    I've worked and lived in UK, was treated well and had no problem with the mainstream of people. Their army and politicans are a different matter, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Milik scores.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Get in !!!!!

Been coming...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

YES!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Get in

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

Get in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

F it. Very sloppy at the back there. Midfielders not tracking back, I suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

For how it had gone before, it didn't look like Milik was going to be the one to break the deadlock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

yessss come on the polskis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

He may get a brace after all.

Nice finish through the legs of the defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Lovely goal, get in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

But too easy that goal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Lovely :D More please Poland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Really milked that celebration..

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭trashcan

Goal Poland. Only a matter of time really. 90 minutes was always going to be a long time for NI to keep that up. Really puts it up to them now. Poland can relax and the North haven't shown as yet that they can offer anything going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Time for the Nordies to come out and play. Or at least try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭sjb25

Yes!!!! Poliski Abu!!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hopefully that opens the game up now. Might have some end-to-end action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Well deserved lead for Poland.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The poles could get a few now as N.Ire have to be more adventures and maybe leave some gaps that Lewandowski and co could take advantage of

• Advertisement

Bad half time change, far too early to bring Dallas on. they needed to crowd the defence for 2/3 of the game and frustrate Poland and then hope to pressure them with a few more offensive changes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Please somebody smash Lewandownski

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Get in !!!!!
    YES!!!!!
    Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Get in
    Superhorse wrote: »
    Get in
    gustafo wrote: »
    yessss come on the polskis
    Lovely goal, get in.

All the Poles out tonight!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Not sure I understand the delight in this thread for the Polish goal. I don't really have a horse in this race, but I'd like Northern Ireland to do well. Would be amazing (although unlikely) to meet them in the quarters or something. I'm certainly not celebrating that Poland scored. The Giant's Causeway is wicked man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

All the Poles out tonight!!

Nah, just the gamblers :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yillan wrote: »
    Not sure I understand the delight in this thread for the Polish goal. I don't really have a horse in this race, but I'd like Northern Ireland to do well. Would be amazing (although unlikely) to meet them in the quarters or something. I'm certainly not celebrating that Poland scored. The Giant's Causeway is wicked man.

You have no idea why Republic of Ireland supporters would want NI not to do well despite the Giant's Causeway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

That was an awful free from Norwood

I am very surprised!! There has never been any disdain between good Irish fans and the North, at least not over the last 20 years.
    Poland almost prevented us qualifying, if anything there should be a "healthy" rivalry between us and them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Northern Ireland have been comfortably the worst team on show so far. They are dire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

N.Ireland starting to dive now

Get up Norwood. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

you think any of those orange b******s cheer for us when we play??

Ishmael wrote: »
    Nah, just the gamblers :p

ah, that's fair then,they were a very good price. not sure they are all gamblers though that are cheering the Poles on?!

POST ABOVE ME Proves that.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

A lot of money on Poland win

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Looked terrible, yet he didn't even touch the NI player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Im a Northern Ireland supporter and also will be supporting Republic tomorrow , bit sad to be cheering Poland over an Irish side.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

ah, that's fair then,they were a very good price. not sure they are all gamblers though that are cheering the Poles on?!

Anyone know why Poland were such a good price? 10/11 in-play with 10 mins gone and they were clearly superior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

290 passes to 95 LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    Im a Northern Ireland supporter and also will be supporting Republic tomorrow , bit sad to be cheering Poland over an Irish side.
    There's very good relations between Ireland and Poland - why would you not want to support them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

hawkwind23 wrote: »

Absolutely agree, im in the south east and wish you guys all the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

290 passes to 95 LOL

Surprised they have 95

• Advertisement
Advertisement