Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First all-machine hacking tournament

• 12-06-2016 3:49pm

Seven high performance computers will play an all-machine Capture the Flag contest, reverse engineering unknown binary software, authoring new IDS signatures, probing the security of opponent software, and re-mixing defended services with machine-generated patches and defenses.

https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-24/dc-24-cgc.html

Sounds crazy, looking forward to seeing it live :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Seven high performance computers will play an all-machine Capture the Flag contest, reverse engineering unknown binary software, authoring new IDS signatures, probing the security of opponent software, and re-mixing defended services with machine-generated patches and defenses.

https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-24/dc-24-cgc.html

Sounds crazy, looking forward to seeing it live :pac:

I can hear the commentary now

"and big blue is blinking furiously. blink blink. blink blink. blink blink blink. "

"oooooh did you hear the hard drives spin up on that? whats going on there that Cyberskiddie has to dumps its RAM in a hurry. Oh, TechnoGit just blinked, is it responsible?"

Hope some of the contestants give a walkthrough of their systems and algorithms. I know the IDS sigs and patches will be released but I'd be interested in learning more about how they automate the process and skip the human element.

Haha absolutely! It'll be interesting to see how long it'll last and how they portray whats going on.

It's on from 5-8 so I can't see it lasting three hours, I'd say the majority of that will be discussing each machine/team and analysis afterwords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Thinly veiled "Im going to DefCon Nyah-nyah-na-na-na" post.

syklops wrote: »
    Thinly veiled "Im going to DefCon Nyah-nyah-na-na-na" post.

haha so I'll be seeing you there again? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

haha so I'll be seeing you there again? :pac:

Not unless I win the lotto in the next 6 weeks. Hence my bitter post.

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    Not unless I win the lotto in the next 6 weeks. Hence my bitter post.

I feel bad now, I'll grab you a t-shirt

Advertisement