Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken ps3

Options
  • 12-06-2016 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭

My ps3 keeps freezing . you can play for about 10 mins each day before it freezes . what do ye think I should do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

My ps3 keeps freezing . you can play for about 10 mins each day before it freezes . what do ye think I should do.

Sounds like the Yellow light of death.

It is the older fat PS3?

You can get a reflow but that might not fix it for long or you can get a reball which is more costly and might be difficult to find someone to do it.
    I would contact www.consolerepairs.ie to get a quote at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

are the fans working?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Skerries wrote: »
    are the fans working?
    Ya I think so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

eddhorse wrote: »
    Sounds like the Yellow light of death.

It is the older fat PS3?

You can get a reflow but that might not fix it for long or you can get a reball which is more costly and might be difficult to find someone to do it.
    I would contact www.consolerepairs.ie to get a quote at least.
    Ya quite fat.
    No yellow lights on it.
    What are the reball and reflow and what do they do. How much do u estimate it would cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Ya quite fat.
    No yellow lights on it.
    What are the reball and reflow and what do they do. How much do u estimate it would cost.

You may google reball and reflow of PS3.

Not sure on current prices, i got mine reballed about 5 years ago for €100, its still going strong.

As i mentioned contact Console Repairs for a quote. Quotes are free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

eddhorse wrote: »
    You may google reball and reflow of PS3.

Not sure on current prices, i got mine reballed about 5 years ago for €100, its still going strong.

As i mentioned contact Console Repairs for a quote. Quotes are free.

I second that console repairs has the proper equipment for this work.

Advertisement