Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pillar vs car

• 12-06-2016 5:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

So I had a incident with a car park pillar and my car came out worse for wear;
    • lost the wing mirror glass, (frame is still there but seems cracked in a few places so figured I just change the whole thing).
    • I also lost my indicator light casing.
    • Scratch on door

After some light research I noticed these seemed like some basic jobs that I could take a punt at. Both light features cost around 30 euro altogether

Its a manual mirror so no wiring, any quick tips of advise or should I just go straight at it.

Furthermore I'm not exactly worried too much about the scratch but is there anything I could do to treat it at least.

Appreciate any feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Mirror glass usually a cheap fix with self adhesive glass you can buy from most motor factors or Ebay that would be specific size to match the original.
    Indicator light casing would be cheap too, either got from scrapyard or Ebay.
    Paint scrape fix will be most difficult if you want the job to look professional it may be beyond your skills but depending on the age and colour of the car a bodge job might look decent enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Its actually the whole wing mirror

Either way, bought a wing mirror with glass for 15 quid.. removed the damaged one and was set to put on the new one..... problem is there is a small piece of foam thats meant to go between the door and the wing mirror fixture but its too thick and it wont screw on as it should any recommendations.

Advertisement