Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stopping foggy windows

• 12-06-2016 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

My car windows keep fogging up fiercely unless i blast A/C cold air at full fan ( very noisy)

my last car never fogged up and i have a feeling its due to the time i put a mechanical room dehumidifier in the boot of it overnight once as the sunroof had leaked.

If i put the dehumidifier in the car and run it all night, should it (theoretically) stop my car from fogging up so bad in future?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

First thing I would look at would be the pollen filter, any idea when it was last changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jordanfaf

First thing I would look at would be the pollen filter, any idea when it was last changed?

Nope, just bought the car used last month. ill take a look and see what sort of condition its in. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Are you sure you don't have the air on recirculation?
    What car is it?

ongarite wrote: »
    Are you sure you don't have the air on recirculation?
    What car is it?

Air is definitely not on recirculation, its a 2007 Renault Clio Rs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Yourmama

Forget the dehumidifier unless you have a leak inside. As mentioned before sort out your cabin filter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 fmcato

Yep. I changed the cabin filter on my second hand car, the old one was clogged with dirt and leaves. Makes a world of a difference when it rains, before it fogged up instantly and was almost impossible to get rid of it. Now it takes a while for it to start fogging up and it gets away easily with light A/C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

As well as the filters/leaks etc mentioned, if you're wiping the windows with teatowel/tissues etc, remove them from the car. Pick a warm dry day sometime and go for a run with the windows open for a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fog sticks to dirty windows too so clean them on the inside properly

Oh and this

Cabin filter changed, and todays rain was a good tester for it. windows all clear. Thanks for the help everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Boards saves the day!

• Advertisement
Advertisement