Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eGun Germany

Options
  • 12-06-2016 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

I was looking on this site today and am interested in a rifle that is for sale. Can anybody tell me how this site works. It's in German so I couldn't find the information I was looking for. Specifically I'd like to know.

1) how do I go about contacting the seller

2) Do I have to pay for the rifle in full before I get the serial no.

3) Is the rifle held until you get your license or do you have to arrange for it to be shipped to a dealer here. Any other information would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

It depends some are private sales some are through a company it will be up to if they want to export the rifle or not. If you use google crome you will be able to translate the website, however "Frage an (whatever username)" is how you contact the seller. They wont all speak english though obviously. although most will to some extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Thanks juice1304 I'll do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

http://www.egun.de/
    If you click on the middle flag it's English mostly I know guys in the North who use this site a lot, they get the firearms sent to Firearms dealer in the North

Yeah it was a lad up north who put me onto it. I did hit the English flag but only the first page was in English I'm going to download google chrome and see if it changes it to something I can read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

BillBen wrote: »
    Yeah it was a lad up north who put me onto it. I did hit the English flag but only the first page was in English I'm going to download google chrome and see if it changes it to something I can read.

whenever a page loads just right click and there will be an option to translate the page to english.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

BillBen wrote: »
    I was looking on this site today and am interested in a rifle that is for sale. Can anybody tell me how this site works. It's in German so I couldn't find the information I was looking for. Specifically I'd like to know.

1) how do I go about contacting the seller

2) Do I have to pay for the rifle in full before I get the serial no.

3) Is the rifle held until you get your license or do you have to arrange for it to be shipped to a dealer here. Any other information would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

1] As described in previous posts,have to say tho the translation o EGun is particullary bad"English as she is spoke" quality.

2] Depends on the seller,Frankonia has that policy,some are ok with a downer to book the gun for you.Just explain to them that it can take 90 plus days for a liscense to be granted here,as in Germany you just show your firearms ID and walk out of the shop after paying for it.It is up to you to get it put on your firearms liscense within 14 days in your local council. So they cant figure out somtimes why the sale can take so long with Ireland.

3] You dont necessarily have to have it shipped to a dealer here in Ireland.Once you have the liscense and import form 7 ,you can get it shipped to your door via secure courier.They will hold it for you until its cleared with the EU export permit[Takes about 21/30 days with the Germans] Also,if it falls thru,there no trouble usually with getting your money back.Germand take customer care and rights abit more seriously than here betimes.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Thanks Grizzly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Pleasure...What are you looking at getting in a rifle??:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

.44 Marlin leaver action they are as rare as hens teeth here and the price they are going for when one becomes available is crazy

Advertisement