Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External hard drive xbox one

Options
  • 12-06-2016 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Does anybody know if instead of spending silly money on a hdd for xbox one, what if you buy a usb key 1tb 3.0 will it work as my hdd..because you can pick up the usb keys for like 10euro on some sites.. I don't want to spend 100euro or more.. anybody know..thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anybody know if instead of spending silly money on a hdd for xbox one, what if you buy a usb key 1tb 3.0 will it work as my hdd..because you can pick up the usb keys for like 10euro on some sites.. I don't want to spend 100euro or more.. anybody know..thanks

You can get a 1TB USB key? And for €10? Do you have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You can get a 1TB USB key? And for €10? Do you have a link?

I've seen them appear on the likes of Wish.com etc but wouldn't trust them for reliability or performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ALTHEASSASSIN

I've seen them appear on the likes of Wish.com etc but wouldn't trust them for reliability or performance.

I saw them on wish . com might just order one today and try it..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I saw them on wish . com might just order one today and try it..

I'd be wary it's actually the size advertised. Until you actually plug it in you wont know for sure. Happens a lot on eBay .. fakes sold as higher capacity than they are.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

GBX wrote: »
    I'd be wary it's actually the size advertised. Until you actually plug it in you wont know for sure. Happens a lot on eBay .. fakes sold as higher capacity than they are.

Yes, it's almost certain that these drives are 2 - 4 GB, formatted so that they appear as 1 TB. You can actually load files onto them, but once it fills up, it starts over writing the files at the start.

For comparison, here's an actual 1TB flash drive from a reputable supplier, all for the tiny amount of £571. Bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

My friend bought a 512GB USB 3.0 flashdrive from one of them Chinese websites a few months ago. It actually was 512GB surprisingly but the transfer speeds were slower than USB 2.0 making it unusable for XB1 games.

It also broke after a few days...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

432863.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

An external HDD is like 60 euro for 1 tb, hardly silly money. Very handy if you visit a mate's and want to take your games with you. Any key will have absolutely ****e read speeds.

Advertisement