Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Induction Week in Garda training College

Options
  • 12-06-2016 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have the induction week starting tomorrow, I'm wondering what people wear on the first day. Is it a suit and tie? shirt and tie, jeans?

I dont want to stand out tbh

Thanks for any fast replys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

I have the induction week starting tomorrow, I'm wondering what people wear on the first day. Is it a suit and tie? shirt and tie, jeans?

I dont want to stand out tbh

Thanks for any fast replys

Suit and tie, people who wore jeans ended up changing as soon as they could.

Lads should be clean shaven - girls hair tied up in buns.

Good Luck tomorrow and enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bingbongboo

Thanks CollieLover.

Thats what i had first thought. I suppose start as you mean finish!

True and you only get one first impression!

But there's always a few in jeans and still hanging on to their beards!

There'll be loads on info thrown at you, so bring a pen and paper with you and just enjoy finally getting to walk through the gates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Aquinn1792

Thanks for the info collie lover. Could you tell me if it's OK if we didn't have birth cert for induction week?? Panicking over this!!

Aquinn1792 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info collie lover. Could you tell me if it's OK if we didn't have birth cert for induction week?? Panicking over this!!

They'll ask for it to be handed up during week 1 induction week is week 0 so don't worry it'll all be fine 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Garda1234

Did they mention when we will be re-doing the physical test by any chance? Iv my induction week starting the 20th.

Garda1234 wrote: »
    Did they mention when we will be re-doing the physical test by any chance? Iv my induction week starting the 20th.

Fitness test is normally on weeks 1 or 2.

Advertisement