Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

myrefund.ie - Flight Delay / Cancellation

Options
  • 12-06-2016 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has used myrefund.ie to claim compensation for a cancelled or delayed flight under EU Regulation 261/2004.

If so, would you recommend them? How long was the turnaround time?

Thanks,
    Hugo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We had an answer within two weeks, they had contacted the airline and done some follow up stuff in that time.
    We got no refund but not due to these guys, I got the impression they know what they are at, very Professional on the phone/emails. I'd give a shot again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭z6vm1dobfnca3x

_Brian wrote: »
    We had an answer within two weeks, they had contacted the airline and done some follow up stuff in that time.
    We got no refund but not due to these guys, I got the impression they know what they are at, very Professional on the phone/emails. I'd give a shot again.

Thanks, I might give them a go so!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭xraylady

Thanks, I might give them a go so!

Hi. Just wondering how you found the refund.ie guys? In similar situation and baffled by the number of agencies offering this service. 25% seems to be standard fee . I wonder if it's possible/ doable to DIY?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I've claimed myself from ryanair. Hassle free, no questions asked.
    Just provided details of the flight, when it was due to land, when it landed.
    Funds received by eft 2 weeks later. I was expecting I'd have to take them to the small claims court, but literally the easiest refund I've ever gotten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭msshono

I made a complaint/claim myself and failed so went through one of these companies (AirHelp) who also failed. I didn't give up because the airline were shocking in their handling of the situation on the day, it was a really awful experience (a 2 flightjourney became a 4 flight journey and over 8 hours late to destination) and they couldn't give a damn about customer service, I was determined to win. Anyhow on my third attempt I went to the Irish Aviation Regulator and they won the claim for me. So I guess you can use these companies who'll take a % of you're payout but if you are certain you're in the right do it yourself, quote the provisions of the regulation breeched with facts to support/evidence same and if that fails and you still feel you're in the right then go to the regulator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lmartin26

My honest experience with they were great at first and then the whole experience turned completely unprofessional.

I put in a claim for a flight dating a few years back in March of 2017, where the flight was delayed roughly 5 hours. I provided all details which were requested in a timely manner and at first the company was very responsive. I followed up periodically ( once every month to two months via email) and received no response via email after May of 2017. I then called periodically only to find out over the phone the claim had been rejected and was now with the solicitors. When I asked why it was rejected, the response I received was “I don’t know.” Is there not a case number attached to these claims with notes so when the customer asks an adequate response can be given?

I persisted and called multiple times, because as a customer I feel it is important to know where this claim was at, to which the gentleman I was speaking who never said his name ( even upon answering the call) told me that it could be sitting with the solicitor for years and there would be no contact with us until it was resolved. He was extremely rude and unprofessional on the phone and eventually told us he was going to withdraw the claim ( when we never confirmed this) and hung up on us. He pushed me several times to have them withdraw the claim.

As a company, I found my experience with the staff extremely rude, unprofessional and unreasonable. I took my claim up with the airline on my own and 6 weeks later it is being paid out- and my flight was 5 years ago at this stage.

The above are my personal experience with the company and may not be the case for everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

I spoke to them on the phone, and was told that they would take my case. They sent me a short questionaire to fill out. I sent them my details but never received a response. I sent a few follow up emails, but again, they failed to respond.

I would rather they tell me if they have dropped my case or not rather that a communication black out. I am going to attempt to get the refund now through my own means.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mrsbouquet

Almost 2 years ago we booked our flights to Malaga with Aer Lingus and there were 3 of us travelling.
    Our return flight to Dublin at 10 o clock was cancelled by text at around 16.30 due to operational reasons and we were told to contact Aer Lingus. So we were left in Torremolinos for an extra night, We got a friend to book us on a flight home the next day with them. I contacted my refund filled in the 3 forms but were told after several weeks we were not entitled to any compensation as it was cancelled because a crew member was sick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement