Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dishwasher door won't close

• 12-06-2016 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭

After (thankfully ) the dishwasher finished up tonight . I opened door to unload and then heard a noise like the detergent drawer popping open even though it was open . Then heard a noise like something falling into dishwasher .
    The door now won't close. The metal latch is still in place .
    It's an integrated indesit di620 which is nearly 10 years old now .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Something like that happened with mine before. This may sound ridiculous but what I think happened was where the door latches has closed even though the door is still open. So if that is the problem stick something like string wire etc in a loop and put it inside the latch. Then pull it out, this is the same as opening the door. It's a bit tricky.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Something like that happened with mine before. This may sound ridiculous but what I think happened was where the door latches has closed even though the door is still open. So if that is the problem stick something like string wire etc in a loop and put it inside the latch. Then pull it out, this is the same as opening the door. It's a bit tricky.
    Hope this helps.
    Yeah I'm going to try that tomorrow
    The loop turns a certain amount then "pops" back
    I'm almost certain I heard a screw or something falling off though

km79 wrote:
    Yeah I'm going to try that tomorrow The loop turns a certain amount then "pops" back I'm almost certain I heard a screw or something falling off though

If the metal latch is still in place then maybe a screw came off one side and there could be one screw just holding it on now. If the panel can be opened up with a screwdriver or something it might be worth a look at.

That's what it looks like at the moment
    If I try to force it shut there is a popping noise but won't shut

km79 wrote:
    That's what it looks like at the moment If I try to force it shut there is a popping noise but won't shut

I think looking at the pic there could be a spring broken in it which is stopping it from closing but still making a popping noise.

• Advertisement

I think looking at the pic there could be a spring broken in it which is stopping it from closing but still making a popping noise.

think I may just buy a replacement catch altogether ? seems easy enough to replace

km79 wrote:
    think I may just buy a replacement catch altogether ? seems easy enough to replace

Ya might just be as easy and may get another 10 years out of it.

Ya might just be as easy and may get another 10 years out of it.

where to get it though ?
    seen them on eBay there actually
    looking at the picture there is definitely a spring gone.
    where did it go is the question!

km79 wrote:
    where to get it though ? seen them on eBay there actually looking at the picture there is definitely a spring gone. where did it go is the question!

It may have gone down inside the latch or be in the machine on the ground. I think eBay is your only option.

after viewing a couple of videos they all show the top bit being unscrewed and then lifted away to allow access to door latch.
    Problem is they are all free standing and mine is integrated. I can't see how I'll be able to lift the top portion away as it's attached / glued to door cabinet ?

• Advertisement

km79 wrote:
    after viewing a couple of videos they all show the top bit being unscrewed and then lifted away to allow access to door latch. Problem is they are all free standing and mine is integrated. I can't see how I'll be able to lift the top portion away as it's attached / glued to door cabinet ?

Is there any way of removing it from the door cabinet by screws or is it permanently there, sururley there is some way of getting it off.

Is there any way of removing it from the door cabinet by screws or is it permanently there, sururley there is some way of getting it off.

Can't see any screws so assuming it's glued
    I haven't tried to access latch yet so maybe i will be able to but I'm not hopeful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Pretty sure the mother has the same dishwasher. There should be plastic trims running down the side of the door held on with 4 or 5 screws either side, these are like long L brackets that the door is screwed on to. the door pops out from the bottom first. (That's if it's the same one of course)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

just order the regular one it will fit both free standing and integrated, you will see how it fits when the door panel is removed, again Exsparetise Tullamore will have it

So I fixed that and almost a year to the day........the night before we headed on holidays the 6 year old apparently tripped and fell on the opened dishwasher door
    It now won't close. It clicks like it is going to but won't .
    I assume the hinges are overextended or something like that ?

Advertisement