Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Bars

Options
  • 12-06-2016 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I know you are probably fed up with these threads and i have had a google and a search on this forum but i just wanted to ask a question.

A few of us are heading down to kilkenny in a few weeks. Now we get in on the Friday and im looking for someone to eat and drink and hopefully not have to move again (i.e. i want a late bar) because i assume getting a table at 11/12 in a late bar will be near impossible?

Any tips on places?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Left Bank has a restaurant that should be able to accommodate you. Never ate there myself though. Depends what type of food you are looking for. Think Paris Texas serve food until late (would be more bar type food as opposed to restaurant type food served in Left Bank) as well and the late bars are within a few minutes walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Langtons do food in their bar or their restaurant down the back. The front bar there is a late one. A friday night is quiet enough in kk so i'd say ye'd have no bother getting a spot in a late bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

Left Bank has a restaurant that should be able to accommodate you. Never ate there myself though. Depends what type of food you are looking for. Think Paris Texas serve food until late (would be more bar type food as opposed to restaurant type food served in Left Bank) as well and the late bars are within a few minutes walk.

Cheers for that. Yes Paris Texas looks perfect. U think we would get table then at say 11 in a late bar after Paris Texas?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

1984baby wrote: »
    Langtons do food in their bar or their restaurant down the back. The front bar there is a late one. A friday night is quiet enough in kk so i'd say ye'd have no bother getting a spot in a late bar.

Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Lash_Alert wrote: »
    Cheers for that. Yes Paris Texas looks perfect. U think we would get table then at say 11 in a late bar after Paris Texas?

If you ring Left Bank they might reserve a spot for you. But generally at 11 there should be plenty of room anywhere in Kilkenny to get a table or seats or whatever unless it's a bank holiday

• Advertisement
Advertisement