Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems at work!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

gercoral wrote: »
    yep dept of revenue and/or dept of social protection.
    actually I think someone from NERA came out to where i work a few years ago, asking staff members about wages, holiday pay, how many hours they work, why we get paid for bank holidays etc etc

I was on the work relations website last night and, I'm not able to download the complaint form for some reason.

Also, a bit of an update. So this morning I typed out the weeks I wasn't paid, took screen shots of my banking 365 account and typed out a letter. Saying that, I have worked 6 months and stated the date which, I wasn't paid, the money owed, the fact which my parents are not pleased about the situation and also stated that I wish to have this money in my bank account by this Thursday (which is pay day) or else I'm prepared to take this further.

So today I had all this ready and asked the manager to speak to me in private to get this sorted, she said she would. But never did, and went home. I assume she knows that their is a sh1t storm heading her way. So she deliberately ignored me.

So, I'm going to the owner first thing in the morning. I also found out from a number of other staff that the manager has a record of pocketing money which isn't hers. So it's not looking good. However I'm adamant about getting my money.

I'd be cracking up op. Jesus.

You're telling me.. A sh1t storms brewing though.. ;)

job seeker wrote: »
    I was on the work relations website last night and, I'm not able to download the complaint form for some reason.

Also, a bit of an update. So this morning I typed out the weeks I wasn't paid, took screen shots of my banking 365 account and typed out a letter. Saying that, I have worked 6 months and stated the date which, I wasn't paid, the money owed, the fact which my parents are not pleased about the situation and also stated that I wish to have this money in my bank account by this Thursday (which is pay day) or else I'm prepared to take this further.

So today I had all this ready and asked the manager to speak to me in private to get this sorted, she said she would. But never did, and went home. I assume she knows that their is a sh1t storm heading her way. So she deliberately ignored me.

So, I'm going to the owner first thing in the morning. I also found out from a number of other staff that the manager has a record of pocketing money which isn't hers. So it's not looking good. However I'm adamant about getting my money.

Spoke to the owner today, he assured me that he has nothing to do with the wages. I believe him as well. It's the manager and the accountant that takes care of the wages as I'm aware. He was very apologetic and was genuinely shocked by the situation. He assured me it will be sorted. He said, he will look into it himself and that who ever is at fault will be in hot water. I sure this will end in my favour. So happy enough. :)

Forgot to update this..

Hi all. So I'm finished in this place now.. I'm gone back to college to finish my honours degree. As for the money? I've got all the money. :) so that's sorted, I also got remaining holiday pay I didn't know that I was entitle too. So concentrating on my degree now this year and hope to get out of the chefing and into product development when I finish in May.Which is the way I want to go.

Thanks everyone for the advice you give me, but also the advice? for me to not be such a fool and to let people walk all over me...

I have learned an awful valuable lesson. :)

So thanks again everyone..

Advertisement