Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Camping - Lough Hyne

• 12-06-2016 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Just wondering if anybody has any advice or experience in this small region near Skibbereen? Planning on setting up a tent here for one night, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

There is a nature reserve at Lough Hyne. The area of the nature reserve is defined in SI 207/81 as:
    (2) This Regulation applies to the land forming part of the reserve and known as Lough Hyne and situate above the sill of the Rapids referred to in the Order.

The above description doesn't mean anything to me but I would suggest keeping well back from the area of the nature reserve, all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 superclub50

There is a nice camping park in nearby skibbereen , about 4 miles away id say , its called the hideaway , well worth the visit
    I go there every year : )

Advertisement