Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 - Group C - Spain vs Czech Rep., 2 pm, TV3 & ITV

• 13-06-2016 1:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

spain-czech-republic-preview-badge-graphic_3480362.jpg?20160608173852

Spain vs Czech Republic

2:00pm Monday 13th June
    Stadium Municipal, Toulouse

For most of us Monday will involve sweating over matters in our own Group E, but before that there is a potentially tasty appetizer in this second match of Group C: Spain vs the Czech Republic.

The Czechs never managed a clean sheet in qualifying and conceded the most goals of all the teams in the tournament. That suggests Petr Cech will be in for a busy afternoon.

What I'm wondering is what line-up Del Bosque goes with. Reports suggest De Gea will be getting the nod over Casillas despite the recent scandal talk surrounding De Gea. Another talking point is whether or not Nolito will start.

Edit: Confirmed teams below.

What are your predictions for the game? Spain have sometimes started these tournaments sluggishly, so do the Czechs have a chance? Or will the Spanish overwhelm them on the day?

My feeling is the latter and I'm saying a Spanish win by 3 goals.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Spain: De Gea, Juanfran, Pique, Ramos, Alba, Busquets, Sliva, Fabregas, Iniesta, Nolito, Morata

Czech Republic: Cech, Kaderabek, Sivok, Hubnik, Limbersky, Darida, Plasil, Haile, Rosicky, Krejci, Necid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I like the look of that Spanish side. Fancy them to win pretty comfortably - the Czechs aren't very good. Feel like Petr Cech is in for a busy afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Delighted to see Bruno get the nod.

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Delighted to see Bruno get the nod.
    Bruno is on the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

eagle eye wrote: »
    Bruno is on the bench.

Oh I thought the OP's teams were the actual ones, only saw the "possible" there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Trey13

3-0 Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Christ - Paul McShane :mad:. He's a better footballer than pundit, and that's saying a lot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I edited the OP to take out the possible teams seeing as we know the official line-ups now. Good to see De Gea get the nod and I'm looking forward to seeing how Nolito gets on as I know he is fancied as a golden boot option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

The mascot is the most excited person in the world ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Xyzforsure

Christ - Paul McShane :mad:. He's a better footballer than pundit, and that's saying a lot...

Hilarious I was thinking the exact same....
    Christ he looks lost!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

With all the nice new stadia, you'd think they would do something with the old Stade Municipal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Spain -1 was quite a large 13/10! Czechs came from a poor enough group and conceded a lot of goals. Fancy Spain with Morata there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

I'm liking TV3 even more! They managed to get Gerry Armstrong as the co-commentator, possibly my favourite commentator out there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm liking TV3 even more! They managed to get Gerry Armstrong as the co-commentator, possibly my favourite commentator out there :D

What is this TV3 you speak of? Not in HD and watching football in Lego-vision is not a pleasant experience.

zerks wrote: »
    What is this TV3 you speak of? Not in HD and watching football in Lego-vision is not a pleasant experience.

TV3 is HD these days

Thats disgracefull morata should be off....

You know that linesman tumble is going in the end of tournament montage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Gerry''for me''Armstrong

Great start to this game. Czech causing Spain some problems.

TV3 is HD these days

If you pay for it.Could never take to listening to the analysis or commentary on TV3 anyway.

This is plucky stuff from the Czechs.

• Advertisement

This is plucky stuff from the Czechs.

Ya they have come with a decent game plan have nearly caught spain 2 or 3 times...

zerks wrote: »

Yeah it is annoying finding it hard to see who's on the ball half the time, but I'm still happy to listen to Sky Sports commentators over George Hamilton and the shouty Ronnie Whelan for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Anyone have a radio link that works for Ireland? BBC Radio 5 not broadcasting it to me here in work :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Why did alonso retire? I'd still have him in this Spanish team

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dublindublin26

SantryRed wrote: »
    Spain -1 was quite a large 13/10! Czechs came from a poor enough group and conceded a lot of goals. Fancy Spain with Morata there.

Decent odds i went with this myself, fingers crossed!

Spain coming into it now. Some lovely crisp interchanging passes.
    Can't see Morata not scoring in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I haven't seen loads of Morata but I'm struggling to see where all the hype comes from. He looks a decent player but his goal scoring record isn't great and the times I've seen him he hasn't been overly impressive. He looks lively today in fairness but he's being linked with Real, Chelsea and Arsenal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Spanish corners are woeful

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Anyone have a radio link that works for Ireland? BBC Radio 5 not broadcasting it to me here in work :(

https://www.siriusxm.com/siriusxmfc

https://player.siriusxm.com/#/login

They have an app also,5 live and Talksport are blocked in Ireland.

• Advertisement

for some reason i always forget how tidy a player Silva is. Cesc has been poor so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dublindublin26

these wild 30 yard attempts need to stop

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Iniesta's changes of pace is the biggest threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That was very good keeping from Cech.

Spain Vs Cech Republic

Cech is keeping them in it. Great keeper.

• Advertisement

for some reason i always forget how tidy a player Silva is. Cesc has been poor so far.

Can't see why he started ahead of Isco.

Can't see why he started ahead of Isco.

or Pedro...

Spain wih 75% possession.

Czech's are not offering much after a promising opening ten mins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Will be genuinely sad when Iniesta hangs up his boots. A dream to watch. Probably my favourite player since Zidane.

Hard to beleive it's still 0-0, Spain have been so dominant. Cech a big part of the reason it's still scoreless. I just love watching David Silva play, best player on the pitch for me.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Hard to beleive it's still 0-0, Spain have been so dominant. Cech a big part of the reason it's still scoreless. I just love watching David Silva play, best player on the pitch for me.

I was surprised given recent club and international history that Spain were not the most fancied team in the tournament and it seemed to stem from them not having an established top striker. Having seen the first half it may look like there is a bit of truth to that. Although if there was ever a team that can win without a striker, it's Spain

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

the damage this side could do with Suarez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Appalling by the left winger from the Czechs. Tonnes of time on the ball and gives it directly to Nolito.

edit: Is Lee Dixon watching the match. He just praised the Czech player for getting back to help his defender who he originally threw under the bus with the woeful pass.

morata off, hmmm not sure i agree...

morata off, hmmm not sure i agree...

His movement was good and he played well, I think he lacks that killer instinct that top strikers have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Spain in general lack cutting edge...how many one on ones do they need before they take a shot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

The guy who replaced Morata is good. He also is a more typical centre forward. Will be in around the 6 yard box.

yes but the problem is, by the time they work the ball into the box, there's also about 5 Czech players...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

What was the shouty nonsense there over the tannoy?

Isn't the ideal situation that the top two teams in all the groups end on 6 or more points, from an Irish point of view, so unless Czech and Spain are the bottom two teams in their group, a draw is a bad result.

Iniesta

• Advertisement
Advertisement