Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from part time to full time help please

Options
  • 13-06-2016 3:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi all, I am working part time 3 days for 1 year and on JSA now, my employer looking to give me more working hours and full time with no contract and insane rate, what can I do to keep my employer happy and don't lose my jsa? Can I get FIS if in full time contract? Can I refuse to move to full time as there is no new contract for me? Can I leave this job and claim jsa only ? Please note my currant contract is finished and I was on flexible hours and the employer looking to use the same old contract with no new valid agreement .
    Thanks any help please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Yes you can claim FIS on full time work, surely the aim is to work rather than retain the jsa.
    Tell them you'll only change hours with a proper contract in place, once your getting min wage the rate is up to yourself to negotiate.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi Brian, thanks for reply. my employer thinks that the old contract is fine and no need for new one once still working with them and hardly do new one, also told me if I refused to work full time he won't sign the weekly form to my jsa! Any idea for answer on that one? Thanks a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

ambera52 wrote: »
    Hi all, I am working part time 3 days for 1 year and on JSA now, my employer looking to give me more working hours and full time with no contract and insane rate, what can I do to keep my employer happy and don't lose my jsa? Can I get FIS if in full time contract? Can I refuse to move to full time as there is no new contract for me? Can I leave this job and claim jsa only ? Please note my currant contract is finished and I was on flexible hours and the employer looking to use the same old contract with no new valid agreement .
    Thanks any help please

It sounds like you were employed on a fixed term contract which has now come to an end and your employer wants to offer you a new fixed term contract with increased hours but with the same, low, hourly pat rate, is that the situation?

Or is it that he just asked you to work more hours but continue at the previous pay rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ambera52

Hi dove, thanks for reply the employer wants my to keep working on same rate from last year on min wage and no renew to the full time contract, so same money and expired part time contract in place ,if I refuse they will reduce to less than 3 days that true. Sounds curled boss is that right?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ask them for a full time contract, there is no real reason why they have to increase your hourly pay however

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Hi dove, thanks for reply the employer wants my to keep working on same rate from last year on min wage and no renew to the full time contract, so same money and expired part time contract in place ,if I refuse they will reduce to less than 3 days that true. Sounds curled boss is that right?

The old contract does not end just because you are increasing hours. All the terms and conditions remain the same the only change is you will now work 5 days a week instead of 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,970 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Hi all, I am working part time 3 days for 1 year and on JSA now, my employer looking to give me more working hours and full time with no contract and insane rate, what can I do to keep my employer happy and don't lose my jsa? Can I get FIS if in full time contract? Can I refuse to move to full time as there is no new contract for me? Can I leave this job and claim jsa only ?

One of the conditions of getting JSA is that you are available and looking for full time work.

If your employer is offering you more hours and you refuse them, then Welfare will find out about this sooner or later, and you will likely lose the JSA anyway.

What do you mean by "insane rate"?

Advertisement