Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

~*~*~*JC History - both levels Wed. 15th Jun*~*~*~

• 13-06-2016 8:23am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭

For discussion of the exams after they finish.
    Usual rules. No slagging, etc..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

OL History was as I was expecting it to be, SOOOOO EASY. Great paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 St.Banter

HL History was grand too, one of the People in Histories I wasn't ready for but I still think I managed to write a page that wasn't full of nonsense, the rest was easier than I expected honestly

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Ahhh whats the difference between a medevil monk and a christian monk?

sirboby wrote: »

Don't have my book with me now but as far as I can remember Early Christian monasteries were more simple, they had round towers and beehive huts... the medieval ones were built of stone, run by abbotts and they did more work amongst the people...

at least that's what I wrote :P that was the question that caught me off guard haha, the other options in that selection were terrible too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

sirboby wrote: »

Medieval monk would have been a member of an order - Dominicans, Franciscans, Benedictines etc.
    Medieval monks had tonsures
    Medieval engaged more with the community - ran schools etc.
    Medieval monasteries were bigger and had different buildings

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Medieval monk would have been a member of an order - Dominicans, Franciscans, Benedictines etc.
    Medieval monks had tonsures
    Medieval engaged more with the community - ran schools etc.
    Medieval monasteries were bigger and had different buildings

Oh god good so I didn't completely mess up that answer then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

I did! I wrote about how the vikings attack the round tower etc. Omg I'm fúcked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

I predicted the people in history so I had them two sorted. Question 5 blew me off. I hate the industrial revolution and I did not know ANY of those names they gave us. :(
    Everything else was grand. Predicted Question 6 and the documents were nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Account Number

Thought the European accounts were horrible.Only did BoB in class,and had just learned France from past papers,so don't know what others would have done.The Irish history ones were lovely though,I thought.

Thought the European accounts were horrible.Only did BoB in class,and had just learned France from past papers,so don't know what others would have done.The Irish history ones were lovely though,I thought.

I felt comfortable with those accounts because the French one didn't seem that bad and I've read loads about the War in the Pacific since I find it really interesting :D and the Reformation question was great for me since I did that in my mocks and all my other exams since 2nd Year :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement