Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

~*~*~*JC CSPE - Common Level Mon. 13th Jun*~*~*~

Options
  • 13-06-2016 8:27am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭

For discussion of the exam after it finishes.
    Usual rules. No slagging, etc..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Well it's no surprise that CSPE is easy like it always has been :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 St.Banter

The paper was grand, easiest one yet as I expected. Not enough Ban Ki Moon though. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Still, four out of five who sat it won't get an A. It's the one that bites folk in the bum.

spurious wrote: »
    Still, four out of five who sat it won't get an A. It's the one that bites folk in the bum.

4/5? Genie mac... that's very high.

Wow I never would've thought that tbh :O still I feel like I did well but we'll just have to wait and see in September I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Im sorry but its CSPE, does anyone actually care if they get an A? I mean it would be nice but really In my opinion it really just doesn't matter, and from talking with my parents and even my teachers they feel the same way :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Of course in the long term nobody cares, but a large number of people believe an A in CSPE is a dead cert.. It's not.

In my school, the only motivation to do well in CSPE is because you get slagged off if you don't :P

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Of course in the long term nobody cares,

True, but i suppose to a certain extent that could be said about every subject at junior cert :P

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

St.Banter wrote: »
    Wow I never would've thought that tbh :O still I feel like I did well but we'll just have to wait and see in September I suppose

Well they can't have everyone getting As. They have to differentiate high achieving students to the not so. It's not that easy to get an A considering there's only 90 marks in the paper. But it is only 40% of your overall grade, but still.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

What was the question on the paper that had to be scratched out?

dory wrote: »

At what time do most burglaries occur?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

dory wrote: »

Page 6 Question 2 (B)(i)
    It was the question on the leaflet based on An Garda Siochana and how to prevent burglaries.
    The question was "What time do most burglaries occur?", I think.
    The leaflet didn't mention a specific time, but it did say "in winter". That's probably why we had to cross it out.

Advertisement