Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

~*~*~*JC Maths Paper 2 - OL & HL Mon. 13th Jun*~*~*~

• 13-06-2016 8:28am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭

For discussion of the exams after they finish.
    Usual rules. No slagging, etc..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I only got stuck on 2 questions. Overall like Paper 1, it was a lovely paper and not hard at all. - After all the dreading I have done about Paper 2 :pac:. Btw I'm talking about HL Maths Paper 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 St.Banter

HL Paper 2 was great for me, I feel like I really brought myself up because for whatever reason i struggled with Paper 1

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Yea HL paper 2 was great, got stuck on 2 questions and i still feel like i wrote enough relevant stuff to get a few marks :)

I couldent write y in the form of x were xy = 2x+2y and x>2.
    And i couldent get the last part in the last question, i mean it was possible if you assumed the triangle on the prisim was isosceles or that the base of the prisim was square but nothing was stated to you. Was the word "prisim" meant to mean one of these things?

Any the theorm that we had to prove could not have been easier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Account Number

sirboby wrote: »
    Yea HL paper 2 was great, got stuck on 2 questions and i still feel like i wrote enough relevant stuff to get a few marks :)

I couldent write y in the form of x were xy = 2x+2y and x>2.
    And i couldent get the last part in the last question, i mean it was possible if you assumed the triangle on the prisim was isosceles or that the base of the prisim was square but nothing was stated to you. Was the word "prisim" meant to mean one of these things?

Any the theorm that we had to prove could not have been easier :D
    The x in that question was the x solved for in the previous one

As far as I can recall (which isn't very well - my brain's fried :P), the last q. was something along the lines of first finding the side using trig ratios in the given triangle (turn triangle from isosceles to right angled by bisecting the top angle) then when you get the measurement for x, you use that measurement in the second part of the q. as the triangle from part 1 was the front face of the prism in part 2 (I think!)

I got the question wrong though because I forgot how to turn an isosceles triangle into 2 right angled ones :P not my best moment haha

• Advertisement

St.Banter wrote: »
    As far as I can recall (which isn't very well - my brain's fried :P), the last q. was something along the lines of first finding the side using trig ratios in the given triangle (turn triangle from isosceles to right angled by bisecting the top angle) then when you get the measurement for x, you use that measurement in the second part of the q. as the triangle from part 1 was the front face of the prism in part 2 (I think!)

I got the question wrong though because I forgot how to turn an isosceles triangle into 2 right angled ones :P not my best moment haha
    I only realised a few minutes ago,I used the wrong ratio to find x..Well at least I still get the marks for the following question,and very high attempt marks for that part :p

I only realised a few minutes ago,I used the wrong ratio to find x..Well at least I still get the marks for the following question,and very high attempt marks for that part :p

Yeah, for me attempt marks are gonna be a big help in Maths, especially from Paper 1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

Paper 2 was lovely. Usually my preference is Paper 1 but Paper 2 was such a breeze, par the two little parts of question 10 and 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

jeonahr wrote: »
    Paper 2 was lovely. Usually my preference is Paper 1 but Paper 2 was such a breeze, par the two little parts of question 10 and 12.

Q2 also annoyed me. How many students got 8 euro back.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Q2 also annoyed me. How many students got 8 euro back.

I got 64 for that.Typing on my iPad so I can't see the paper,but something like that. Definitely did better here than paper 1 , though this was the harder one I thought.Still either an A or a very high B :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

I got 64 for that.Typing on my iPad so I can't see the paper,but something like that. Definitely did better here than paper 1 , though this was the harder one I thought.Still either an A or a very high B :cool:

I got 17 students for that part.
    There were 320 students multiplied by the entrance fee which was €1.
    This means there was a total of €320.
    Minus €110 because that was his profit. Minus the 74 students who got €1 back.

€320 - €110 - €74 = €136 leftover for those who got €8 back.

136/8 = 17 students.

But yeah, I got 64 students for the very first bit on the probability.

jeonahr wrote: »
    I got 17 students for that part.
    There were 320 students multiplied by the entrance fee which was €1.
    This means there was a total of €320.
    Minus €110 because that was his profit. Minus the 74 students who got €1 back.

€320 - €110 - €74 = €136 leftover for those who got €8 back.

136/8 = 17 students.

But yeah, I got 64 students for the very first bit on the probability.

Oh I must have gotten this,again,not looking at the paper :p I just remember I didn't get a decimal,but then number 136 is familiar

Advertisement