Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti Social behaviour

Options
  • 13-06-2016 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Mods feel free to move post if this is in the wrong forum
    Hi all, I am looking for some advice. I bought my house last year and pretty much since moving in myself and my young family have been through the mill regarding anti social behaviour from two of the neighbouring houses directly beside mine. I have exhausted all avenues of trying to resolve this, gardai, local td's, counncillors and finally the rtb(won't open my case until I try resolve issues with LL, which I am about to begin). I have contacted my local housing authority as I believed the tenants were social housing, to which the agent denied this. It has now come to light that indeed one of the houses is 3 years into a 5 year RAS agreement. Does anybody knowif the housing authourity is responsible for dealing with these anti social problems? ( will go in to more detail if required but for now there's far too many to mention) As far as I am aware the small number of owner occupied houses have been fighting this for the last number of years with no success and things have started to get out of control as of the last few weeks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone been through this situation themselves that has had a successful outcome?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Mitzy

You need to work with the Landlord on this. I would also put in a formal complaint to RAS in writing about the anti social behaviour. My understanding is that any tenants on RAS are on the social housing list but any negative reports such as ASB can result in them being removed from the list.
    RAS may not deal with the problem directly but they should advise the Landlord of the problems or pass your concerns on to him/her so you can work together to resolve it.
    You also need to keep a full record of the behaviour and report it to the Gardai.

Firstly try & deal with the Landlord directly to let them know of your issues. It may be a case that they are not aware of the problems.
    For severe ASB issues they can serve 7 days notice to a tenant (unless this has changed recently).

Best of luck OP. I can't imagine having to live with such issues next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

RAS funding may come from the government but the accommodation is provided by private landlords. The landlord is still under the obligations of the RTA and not the local authority. You must speak to the landlord and if nothing changes file for the third party dispute in the RTB again.

Advertisement