Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to watch the Ireland game later?

Options
  • 13-06-2016 8:38am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm new to Dublin so have no idea where the best spots are for the game. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Living Room, Woolshed on the north side of the city.

Don't know about the south side, but avoid Synnott's under the Stephen's Green centre, they hate soccer fans.

Sweetman's on the quays has some pretty large screens, and their house brewed porter is one of the best beers available in the city.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Living Room, Woolshed on the north side of the city.

Don't know about the south side, but avoid Synnott's under the Stephen's Green centre, they hate soccer fans.

Sweetman's on the quays has some pretty large screens, and their house brewed porter is one of the best beers available in the city.

Really?Atmosphere has been pretty good for any games I've watched there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

pajero12 wrote: »
    Really?Atmosphere has been pretty good for any games I've watched there!

Yes, really. They'll tolerate soccer fans as long as they are spending money, but as soon as the games finish they get really antsy about anyone continuing to "revel in the atmosphere" and start kicking people out for things like singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Watched a good few matches in Dtwo on Harcourt St (as it's beside my office) and it's generally very good for soccer (and rugby for that matter)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

A great spot (weather depending) is the set up at the junction of The Stag's Head, Dame Tavern and The Mercantile. There's a huge crystal clear out door big screen. I was there last night and it's really impressive.
    Cheapest pint is in The Dame (fiver for plain).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

The Back Page in Phibsboro is ideal for matches. Nice beers and great pizza...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think I'll try the living room. Looks good from the website and it'll be handy enough from where I get off the bus. Lets hope it's a good game.

Advertisement