Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2013 i30 from Capital Motors Dublin

Options
  • 13-06-2016 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I saw a 2013 i30 over the weekend. It's very clean inside out and drove well. I was impressed. The asking price was €15000. I offered €14000 after checking the cartell history.
    The dealer is willing to go down to €14450.

Now, I got back home and rechecked the cartell report. The dealer had informed me that the previous owner was just one person and it says 2 in the cartell report because the dealers are the owners now and when it's transferred to my name it'll still show previous owner as 1 and current owner 2. Is that so?

Now my second question. This is what it says in the report

Date of Registration In UK 08-05-2013
    Previous Owner Acquired 08-05-2013
    Previous Owner Duration 7 months
    Previous Owner Sold 27-12-2013
    Export Date N/A
    Current Owner Duration 27 months
    No. of Previous Owners 1
    No. of Owners 2

Now if the previous owner held it for just 7 months from new, what were Capital Motors doing with it for 3 years?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

bluesmaug wrote: »
    Now if the previous owner held it for just 7 months from new, what were Capital Motors doing with it for 3 years?

IMHO registered as demo/rental for 7 months in UK, sold on an auction and imported to IRE; owned privately for 27 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,299 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What date does it say it was registered in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bluesmaug

What date does it say it was registered in Ireland?

It hasn't been registered in Ireland yet. It's still on UK plate. Starts EE13___

So I'm sure it was not used in Ireland. Maybe NI? Is that a NI number plate?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most likely first owner was a leasing/fleet company rather than privately owned. 7 months is too long for a demo. Second owner was probably private owner.

Get a look at the service history and ring the garages that stamped it, they might be able to join the dots for you around it's past.

Also when you register it here you will be down as one "Irish" owner on the registration cert. The registration cert will list the old reg but it will not list the number of previous UK owners. Dealers normally do not show up as an owner on the registration cert.

Advertisement