Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport Tri neutral zone

Options
  • 13-06-2016 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Did westport tri at weekend. Great race and very well organised. The only downside was the neutral zone on bike which was total of 150m in and out of transition at 15kmh............Very hard to police that and while I kept close to it I think others were going at least double the speed limit. Sounds small but there is 30s advantage for anyone who does 30km/h compared to sticking with the rules of 15km/h.

Maybe it would be better to move the mount line so that people have to run that section. I know it's a bit long but it's probably better than a vague rule that's hard to police.

Other option is to put timing mat at each end of the zone and penalise anyone who exceeds a minimum time but that's expensive.

Advertisement