Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Key reprogramming?

• 13-06-2016 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Hi, Im having starting issue with my partner van, think it might be key programming issue as it won't turn over at all from key but will start on a tow.
    Any quick fix or tricks ? :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is there a second key? Does that work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Surely it should cut fuel if it's a key issue. I think the starter is dead to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭jimbooth

I was thinking starter too but seemed to happen all of a sudden. Don't have second key, previous owner couldn't find it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

If it's a key issue you won't get power/fuel to the injectors and it shouldn't start. I'd look elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If started on a tow with key in ignition and it stays running, then it's not the immobiliser.
    Possible electrical and the barrel.

What year is the Partner?
    Diesel or petrol?
    Any recent work on engine?
    etc
    etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Id be checking for power at the starter first of all id nearly put money on it being a starter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

How dead is the battery

Battery is perfect, only couple of months old. Have been trying to chase wiring to see if there's a break but rain cancelled play ! :-) , will try again tomorrow if I get a chance. Last resort I'll have to chance the starter and then if no joy go to a garage.

biko wrote: »
    If started on a tow with key in ignition and it stays running, then it's not the immobiliser.
    Possible electrical and the barrel.

What year is the Partner?
    Diesel or petrol?
    Any recent work on engine?
    etc
    etc
    It's 05 2.0 hdi, had clutch fitted in end of April, supposed to go in for timing belt and w/pump Wed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I'd be checking the wiring going onto the starter as it would have been out while the clutch was getting done. But don't be too surprised if its the starter itself that's faulty.

• Advertisement

It was the starter. Sorted :-)

Advertisement