Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hysteroscopy and laparoscopy and laparoscopic surgery

Options
  • 13-06-2016 1:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hi,just wanted to know if anyone has gone thru these procedures as my wife is booked in for it and not sure what to expect,also did anyone get pregnant soon after it?

Been trying almost 4yrs now so hoping this works:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Kantava

I had a hysteroscopy and polyp removed in March and got pregnant the cycle afterwards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭Bigbok

Kantava wrote: »
    I had a hysteroscopy and polyp removed in March and got pregnant the cycle afterwards.

Thanks for your reply,we going thru a private clinic in Kilkenny due to public waiting times,was booke in today costing €3035 which I thought was abit high but looking at it as an investment :)

Hopefully works like it did for you:)

Would we be entitled to any of the few back thru revenue?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Kantava

Do you have health insurance? It might cover all or part of it.

you would definitely be entitled to claim back some from revenue.

Kantava wrote: »
    Do you have health insurance? It might cover all or part of it.

you would definitely be entitled to claim back some from revenue.

No health insurance so cash only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

Hi Bigbok,

If it's Ray O'S in Kilkenny, I've heard he's one of the best surgeons out there. It does sound like a lot of money though.

I just got it done 3 weeks ago, both together, in the Coombe, and it was grand! I was definitely sore for a week after, but fine after that. I still have a bit of a scab in the two spots where they made the incision, but other than that I'm fine. I was "lucky" in that they didn't find anything but I think if you have something removed or treatment done, the recovery can be slower. Don't know yet if I got pregnant this cycle, but doubt it, seeing as they didn't find anything!

Good luck with it. Hopefully worth the investment, and even if you do need further treatment, it will be a lot more likely to be successful having had this done and treated/ ruled out beforehand. Although it sounds like health insurance would be a good investment, not that it covers fertility treatment, but it would cover other side treatments such as this.

kkcatlou wrote: »
    Hi Bigbok,

If it's Ray O'S in Kilkenny, I've heard he's one of the best surgeons out there. It does sound like a lot of money though.

I just got it done 3 weeks ago, both together, in the Coombe, and it was grand! I was definitely sore for a week after, but fine after that. I still have a bit of a scab in the two spots where they made the incision, but other than that I'm fine. I was "lucky" in that they didn't find anything but I think if you have something removed or treatment done, the recovery can be slower. Don't know yet if I got pregnant this cycle, but doubt it, seeing as they didn't find anything!

Good luck with it. Hopefully worth the investment, and even if you do need further treatment, it will be a lot more likely to be successful having had this done and treated/ ruled out beforehand. Although it sounds like health insurance would be a good investment, not that it covers fertility treatment, but it would cover other side treatments such as this.

Thanks for your reply,I sometimes wish they would find a problem so that we can try fix it and move on,if they find nothing then it will be a disappointment to be honest as we trying 3.5 yrs now

Ok so the wife had the op Thursday and they found she had endometriosis which the doctor burnt away,tubes and womb all good.

Hopefully this was our prob TTC and everything runs smoothly now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Nemecis

Do you know if someone deals with it in Galway area ?

Nemecis wrote: »
    Do you know if someone deals with it in Galway area ?

Not that I know of,our GP referred us to Kilkenny

• Advertisement
Advertisement