Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poor car luck ... no fault of my own

• 13-06-2016 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭

My god this is never ending . I think I should just start walking or work from home .

2010> Car stolen outside cinema Wrote off
    2012>Car stolen outside my House Wrote off
    2014> Car Stolen Outside work ...WROTE OFF , 2 days before NCT
    2015> Guy T-bones my car , his insurance pays for the panel repair and respray . day before NCT he hit me .
    2016>>> FOR FECK SAKE , the week before NCT , work colleague has a genius moment and reverses into the side of my car . Driver side , rear wheel arch ...there is now a small hole. now.

I give up .

Whats your worst .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

I think you're cursed there, boss :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Joeface wrote: »
    My god this is never ending . I think I should just start walking or work from home .

2010> Car stolen outside cinema Wrote off
    2012>Car stolen outside my House Wrote off
    2014> Car Stolen Outside work ...WROTE OFF , 2 days before NCT
    2015> Guy T-bones my car , his insurance pays for the panel repair and respray . day before NCT he hit me .
    2016>>> FOR FECK SAKE , the week before NCT , work colleague has a genius moment and reverses into the side of my car . Driver side , rear wheel arch ...there is now a small hole. now.

I give up .

Whats your worst .

Do you live in Moyross?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Joeface

Nope I do not live in Moyross , I live out of county . My GAA soul cries a lot on the way home.

I was thinking getting a priest or a White Witch or Pagan High Priest to bless me or the car .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

You need a Padre Pio sticker.

Mycroft H wrote: »

I knew I was missing something from the car ... might get a grotto built into the boot.

I am at cross roads now anyway , Repair of the car would cost more than his insurance would ever agree to pay . Have to NCT it with the damage as there may be other things wrong, could not be assed servicing or doing anything to the car. ...and Just decide what to do after that.

for got to mention that the guy that T-Boned me Drove off ....He Drove off .He turned up awhile later after I made a phone call and found out who he was and had him sent back down to the scene. Gardai were seriously pissed at him. as was I

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Mycroft H wrote: »

On a '94 Carina E. Plus rosary beads, bottle of holy water and Solemn Novena sticker, nothing bad will ever happen again.

actually have rosary beads thing in my wallet , something my mother gave me when I started driving ....Wrote off a car once badly I might add . 100% my fault , single car stupidity ...that was on my person at the time it broke I didn't . So don't mock it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Bottle of holy water in the glovebox, sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

It was happening while I was a courier in Bucharest (the traffic over there is unbelievable).

1. I was driving on a one lane road per direction with 80km/h. In front of my I saw two trucks speeding, each trying to overtake the other one, they were both heading towards me, it was so scary! They got that close to me that I had to brake and had to reverse and run from them, after a few meters I hit an X5, both me as the X5 driver were happy that nothing worse happened. The truck driver avoided us in the last second.
    - I had my trunk damaged, exhaust broken at the middle, tail light broken. His only damage was the plate number which fell.

2. Was driving my car on a ramp to change the fuel filter, while I was doing that I manage to slip on some sand and fell in the middle of the ramp.
    - Managed to bend that part under the driver's door.

3. Once I was turning right on a main road and the car in front of me pressed the brake right after the pedestrian cross because some idiot thought running while crossing in unmarked places is the right thing to do. I haven't paid attention, turned my head for a second to say something to my friend and hit him.
    - I scratched his rear bumper, a small scratch like 1cm long, I had a broken headlight and a damaged wheel arch.

In all accidents from above the drivers were sound enough to help me repair my car on their insurance. That was the only time I had any accidents in 6 years thankfully.

This is what I was driving hahaa
    Daewoo-Tico-SX-37295-615-large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Lofty123

On a '94 Carina E. Plus rosary beads, bottle of holy water and Solemn Novena sticker, nothing bad will ever happen again.

Don't forget the cushions on the back window :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Funnily enough, I lived in Limerick for a year, and had 2 cars stolen from right outside the house in that time. Suzuki Vitara stolen and written off in South Hill, and a Skoda Felicia that was stolen and the guards spotted the guy driving past Roxboro Garda station when they knew he was banned from driving. They could have left him off in fairness, would have been no harm to write off that car :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is that a customized handle on the boot?

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Funnily enough, I lived in Limerick for a year, and had 2 cars stolen from right outside the house in that time. Suzuki Vitara stolen and written off in South Hill, and a Skoda Felicia that was stolen and the guards spotted the guy driving past Roxboro Garda station when they knew he was banned from driving. They could have left him off in fairness, would have been no harm to write off that car :pac:
    All Three cars ended up on that stupid Youtube channel

the last guy who stolen from me was caught 3 or 5 days later still driving around. Someone here on boards contacted me to say he signed up after googling my reg plate and seeing my post. He watched the arrest out side his house. Another Boards member PM to say my car was the gettaway car used when they robbed her garden shed.

When I got what was left of the car back. it had 3 or 4 petrol cans in the back , some really cheap booze , torches and smelled of urine . They stole my stereo and then put in a different one , cannot figure that one out. And i am pretty sure the Stereo they put in had a Shania Twain cd in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

All Three cars ended up on that stupid Youtube channel

the last guy who stolen from me was caught 3 or 5 days later still driving around. Someone here on boards contacted me to say he signed up after googling my reg plate and seeing my post. He watched the arrest out side his house. Another Boards member PM to say my car was the gettaway car used when they robbed her garden shed.

When I got what was left of the car back. it had 3 or 4 petrol cans in the back , some really cheap booze , torches and smelled of urine . They stole my stereo and then put in a different one , cannot figure that one out. And i am pretty sure the Stereo they put in had a Shania Twain cd in it.

I had €200 in an oil filter box in the glove compartment of the Vitara. I'd say I was the 1st person collecting a stolen car from Garda Station that left smiling. The windscreen had been smashed with rock or a brick too, and they let me drive it from the Garda station with my head out the window. That's Limerick citay.

I also got one of the Cars back and repaired it , pulled into a petrol station I never use and spent 15min explaining to the staff that I did not driven off from the pumps. a month earlier with unpaid fuel. Thank god for Taken pictures of every document relating to the theft and Garda Report.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

If the op would have a Hummer, he would meet someone with a Marauder

marauder.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I don't see the problem, just buy a new car every two years and stop leaving the door open with the key in the ignition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

I see your problem OP, stop booking NCTs

Ah NCTs ...the actual curse behind it all.

I have the video footage of the theft from work , man he is quick to get in to the car. Drives out slowly like he owns it ,even indicated as he left the junction .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

I am at cross roads now anyway

Best of luck pulling out :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

bazz26 wrote: »
    Is that a customized handle on the boot?

No no, only sx model had that spoiler on the boot. The sx model also had air conditioned, whenever you would turn it on you would feel around 30% decrease in power. It had only 680kg and 37kw(50hp), 0.8 engine :)

Advertisement