Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Credit Card for "backup" when travelling

• 13-06-2016 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi there,

I've never had a credit card before - have avoided getting one until now. At the end of the year I will be travelling in India, SE Asia and Australia.

Earlier this year I was in Russia and had my AIB Visa Debit card get locked due to a faulty POS device. Luckily I was with a friend who could lend me money.

I do not want the same thing to happen again and would like to get a credit card that I can use in emergency situations.

I've been looking at the AIB Click credit card with it's low APR... what else should I be considering? Ideally I will never use the card but want to have the facility if needs be!

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭thesto

Pretty much what I expected, thank you for the advice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

thesto wrote: »
    Hi there,

I've never had a credit card before - have avoided getting one until now. At the end of the year I will be travelling in India, SE Asia and Australia.

Earlier this year I was in Russia and had my AIB Visa Debit card get locked due to a faulty POS device. Luckily I was with a friend who could lend me money.

I do not want the same thing to happen again and would like to get a credit card that I can use in emergency situations.

I've been looking at the AIB Click credit card with it's low APR... what else should I be considering? Ideally I will never use the card but want to have the facility if needs be!

Thanks for any advice

Get a Revolut card (it offers the best FX rate out there) and use it as your primary card. Run a search for Revolut to see other threads out there on it.

You can keep the AIB card as back up.

Advertisement