Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple landlords - 1 a non-resident

Options
  • 13-06-2016 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Odd one that I havn't been able to find the answer to through google yet.

Let's say there are multiple landlords listed on a lease, the rent is being paid to a joint bank account but 1 of the landlords is a non-resident, what's the situation with tax?
    Send 20% to revenue or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

If any of the landlords is resident in Ireland I wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

accensi0n wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Odd one that I havn't been able to find the answer to through google yet.

Let's say there are multiple landlords listed on a lease, the rent is being paid to a joint bank account but 1 of the landlords is a non-resident, what's the situation with tax?
    Send 20% to revenue or not?

Ask the letting agent to recast the definition of landlord to describe one of the people as acting as agent for the non resident. Otherwise, in the absence of knowledge as to the split of the entitlement to rent, strictly you should withhold 20% of the entire amount. Clearly no one wants this situation to arise. It should be an easy give.

Advertisement