Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virus /bug?

Options
  • 13-06-2016 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi girls, just wondering if any of ye unlucky enough to have been ill so far - non pregnancy wise. Iv a virus according to dr, over a week of aches and pains all over. It's horrible. Worried cos Iv never had anything like this and Iv no cold/flu symptoms just the odd stomach ache. Any idea if this is doing the rounds? Worried myself into thinking its a woeful virus for pregnancy of course... Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Captain Scarlet

321m wrote: »
    Hi girls, just wondering if any of ye unlucky enough to have been ill so far - non pregnancy wise. Iv a virus according to dr, over a week of aches and pains all over. It's horrible. Worried cos Iv never had anything like this and Iv no cold/flu symptoms just the odd stomach ache. Any idea if this is doing the rounds? Worried myself into thinking its a woeful virus for pregnancy of course... Thanks
    Hi, I'm not one of the girls but I found this post from a search about tummy bugs. My two daughters and I have had it all this week...took one to the doctor, gastro-enteritis. For us, it involves a combination of fairly severe stomach cramps, bloating, fatigue, loss of appetite, headaches for one daughter and leg-aches for me. No vomiting. Doc said it can last up to ten days; if longer, time for antibiotics. Chemist lady said there's a lot of it about. Important thing apparently is to stay hydrated. Dioralyte sachet in water will keep up natural electrolytes etc. If you feel like eating, some recommend 'Brat' diet...Banana, Rice, Apple (stewed) and Toast (dry). Mind you others advise against it. Try it anyway. Scrambled eggs are good if you have diarrhoea, but no milk or butter...just egg and a little salt of you like. I'm beginning to feel a bit more human today and actually walked the dogs (5th day). Hope you're feeling better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 321m

Hi, I'm not one of the girls but I found this post from a search about tummy bugs. My two daughters and I have had it all this week...took one to the doctor, gastro-enteritis. For us, it involves a combination of fairly severe stomach cramps, bloating, fatigue, loss of appetite, headaches for one daughter and leg-aches for me. No vomiting. Doc said it can last up to ten days; if longer, time for antibiotics. Chemist lady said there's a lot of it about. Important thing apparently is to stay hydrated. Dioralyte sachet in water will keep up natural electrolytes etc. If you feel like eating, some recommend 'Brat' diet...Banana, Rice, Apple (stewed) and Toast (dry). Mind you others advise against it. Try it anyway. Scrambled eggs are good if you have diarrhoea, but no milk or butter...just egg and a little salt of you like. I'm beginning to feel a bit more human today and actually walked the dogs (5th day). Hope you're feeling better.

Hi scarlet thanks for advice and getting back. I hope you and your daughters are improving. I am A lot better. I had the stomach aches for
    About three days and the pains went on for about two weeks! Still getting the odd pain but otherwise good. It's a horrible dose. Poor kids getting it. I know a few more people with it now so it must be doing the rounds alright. Sounds like ye got the gastro part worse than I did :(

Advertisement