Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gwent: The Witcher Card Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

I didn't get dog diddle either....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

really enjoying this, agree with most the monster deck is extremely powerful especially the leader card that is in the beta. My biggest gripe with the game is that the have changed the rules and give people an extra 3 cards during the game.

you end up with people using all cards in first round and then getting lucky with the two cards they are given at rounds end. I hope in final release they have classic 10 card draw only as it find it much better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Played a few games last night and really enjoyed it. I agree that the 3 extra cards thing should be removed.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm loving it, actually haven't gotten around to playing Witcher 3 yet so it's all new to me. I don't mind the extra three cards mechanic.

Been using scoiatel ambush deck for the most part and having a lot of joy with it against the NR/Monsters decks that seem to be the most common.

Hope there's private games in the full version so you can play your friends.

Still no key. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Shougeki wrote: »
    Still no key. :(

I think I got an Xbox Code yesterday if that's any good to you?

Nah PC only I'm afraid, but thanks. Might just sign up a plethora of email addresses, and use the scatter gun approach....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Got an invite there a few days back. It's nice being in at the ground level when a game like this is released. Was in at closed beta for Hearthstone and had a lot of fun till I stopped playing and an expansion changed so much. I wouldn't dream of getting back into hearthstone at this stage.

Either way the game is fun. I'm playing Skellige only so I don't have a clue about what the other decks can do, just learning through experience. So tempted to drop some money on packs so i can build a proper deck but gonna hold off until the official release.

Big patch released today. They added a bunch of new cards, card changes, and interface changes. When the game goes live they are going to release 20 cards every 2 months, along with the various campaign and expansion which will keep the game feeling fresh. I'm hooked on the game and i hope it gets the popularity it deserves when it finally goes live. Anyone else still playing?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yep, I've ben playing every day since the beta went live pretty much. Ranked mode has been launched in that patch today.

Ironically this is the game that is preventing me from putting as much time into Witcher 3 as I would like :D

• Advertisement

I still havent gotten an invite :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

When is it due out of beta or when will be it become open beta?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    When is it due out of beta or when will be it become open beta?

Its expected to leave closed beta in spring next year. Still a ways off but these days open betas are generally considered unofficial launches.

The reward system is so damn generous, and with the latest patch its even more generous'er'er. You get rewarded for winning, losing, playing, leveling up, playing daily and then there is a reward if you get GG'd by your opponent. CDPR best dev northern hemisphere

CDPR best dev northern hemisphere

I hate that I can't play! But as a consolation, I heard a rumour that Cyberpunk 2077 is out in Sept next year, so I am happy again :P

Seems I got an invite this morning. Whoop.

Any resources for decklists etc?

Shougeki wrote: »
    Seems I got an invite this morning. Whoop.

Any resources for decklists etc?

There's a site called gwentify that's fairly popular.

I always keep an eye on the gwent subreddit aswell.

Good time to get access as there was a fairly big update in the last few days that made life a lot easier for new players.

Just having a look at the cards in a faction you will get a feel for strategies and what will work in a certain deck and be able to build around it, adding and removing cards that work better as you practice in games against people. I never copied a deck off gwentify and it seems i play some variants of popular Scoia'tael and Skellige decks.

I'd say play around with it by yourself and get a feel for it, then go to these sites and add to your already existing knowledge of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

I am currently loving my northern realms deck i have built, generally play is

round 1
    Redanian elite, reinforcement, ciri.

round 2
    whichever witcher i was initially dealt ( too bring in the other 2), adrenalin rush, potion for witcher then promote, then depending on result of round 1 pass or continue to play.

round 3
    vernon roach, reaver hunter and sabrina glevissig.

seems to be working for most games, i am currently 3:1 ratio on ranked mode for games won. I am finding the dependency that people have for weather on monsters deck is there down fall and for freya on skellige is again too easy to counter act.

sabrina glevissig is a beaut of a card.

I haven't used gwentify myself but apparently the Scoiatel deck I was using is their strongest. With Isengrim and Aelerinn. That deck is dead now though after the update so I need to do a re-shuffle before i get into ranked properly.

Haven't played Northern Realms at all but the Foltest Poor ****ing Infantry cheese deck seems very strong atm. As is Geralt: Aard in anykind of weather deck. I currently play only Skellige and Scio'tael. 2 Skellige wounding decks and one weather resistant Skjall deck. I want to try a Morkvarg deck but hes 800 scrap :( I'm reluctant to craft him as that's alot of scrap (I have so much because i dropped 60 euro on kegs)

I was in progress of making a Scio'tael Neophyte deck but was waiting for Isengrim and Aelerinn. As Mick mentioned they got both nerfed in the last patch so i haven't bother to craft them. I have a kind of bounce sniper deck with Braeen. She got buff where she does wounding based on her health. If you buff with Dragoons she can come out with very high removal, then buff her with the new Mushrooms and decoy, bounce her for even more high damage removal.

• Advertisement

Keys for sale on Kinguin for 69c. Can't go wrong for that price if you are craving to play the game. Even if the key gets revoked, whats 69c?

Also, **** Aard and Poor ****ing Infantry

https://www.kinguin.net/category/31336/gwent-the-witcher-card-game-closed-beta-access-key/

The game is probably at its worst since release with the current meta.

Anyone need a beta key? Just got 2 from a message on Xbox Live. If you're on pc you can redeem on Xbox.com (will need an account etc.) and have access to it on windows 10 I believe since it's a play anywhere title.

Anyone need a beta key? Just got 2 from a message on Xbox Live. If you're on pc you can redeem on Xbox.com (will need an account etc.) and have access to it on windows 10 I believe since it's a play anywhere title.

It's not play anywhere yet so those codes will be xbox only.

I have two spare codes for xbox also if anyone wants them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hopefuly that means the game isn't too far away from full release, or at least open beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Scheduled to begin May 24, the Public Beta will be available for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Super pumped! Lots of exciting changes and new cards in open beta as well as tonnes of UI and QoL changes. Not to mention our first taste of singleplayer content in the tutorials/challenges. Can't wait to rediscover the game again

• Advertisement

I have 118 Kegs to open! 118! 60 which i bought with cash in closed beta and the other 58 are rewards i got for rank and level during that time. Looking through the singleplayer challenges right now and the rewards are nuts! I could have close on 130-140 altogether worth in kegs and ore after i finish the single player content!

So CDPR gave me 60 Euro worth of content simply for playing their closed beta. Insanity. I implore all fans of card ga.....nay, all fans of strategy games like X-Com, Darkest Dungeon, Civilization to try this game

Advertisement